The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2016, 05:38 PM   #1
52napco

Source for best 72 burb seat covers etc

I searched to no avail and I am curious who has the best/better seat covers and floor mats??? I realize that most are PUI so where do you recommend
buying them???? thanks..
52napco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:26 PM   #2
52napco

Re: Source for best 72 burb seat covers etc

Anyone have a recommendation??? Took brothers 9 months to get some for the green burb.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:07 AM   #3
HO455
Post Whore

There are lots of happy customers from Truckseats. Check the thread out.
I'm afraid I don't know what PUI means though.
I haven't read any positive words on the currently available floor mats. Finding the best used ones you can or going with carpet seems the best route at this time.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=532345
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 01-01-2018 at 12:16 AM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
vectorit
What?

I purchased all of the OE materials from SMS, and then found a good upholstery shop that specialized in automotive seats. Gave him a ratty old original seat cover original to my truck, and told him to copy it using my materials I supplied.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:30 AM   #5
1966 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
I purchased all of the OE materials from SMS, and then found a good upholstery shop that specialized in automotive seats. Gave him a ratty old original seat cover original to my truck, and told him to copy it using my materials I supplied.
I recently got some beautiful samples for my 66 burb but then read some scary reviews of the company and issues not getting material that matched the sample. How was your experience with SMS?
1966 K10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #6
Killer Bee

not that I necessarily want to bash SMS, but I feel after the nearly two years of pain and frustration, it's my duty to report the FACTS;

I posted about this before.. here's the final result;

I have more pictures but this sums it up..

all I can say is good luck!

from a previous post with some added info;

the one and only.. and apparently the only game left in the country according to about 50 phone calls I made..

all started in Jan '16 and finally ended yesterday..

requested samples by model year, received A,B,C, recognizing the difference, attached sample from seat and sent back..

received an EXACT match sample! smiles all around the upholstery shop, this is going to be good!

then proceeded to receive everything under the sun BUT the matched sample..

over, over, and over again..

so after many, many phone calls, hours of listening to lies and excuses, finally got to talk to Doug himself.. felt like I was in the twilight zone, he was flabbergasted that I wasn't happy with the materials he was making and just couldn't understand my dissatisfaction.. as if he had never sent me the EXACT match of my fabric over a year earlier that I repeatedly requested..

so then he finally admits he has it, after insulting me for not accepting his new fabrics that everyone else claims is fantastic.. he does say that he thought it would have to be spliced but decided to never mention it to me or the trimmer or why.. I was thinking they were small pieces? no, he sends me a bunch of faded remnants but none of the two match very well in sufficient size to make a cover with one center splice..

more calls and finally received his hold out stash.. he finally sent me a 60" single piece and barely big enough to make the seat.. even that piece has a slight bit of fading but nothing like the previous damaged pieces..

indeed, who else runs a business like this? hopefully no one I ever encounter again for the rest of my life.. that company is deceptive and dishonest to say the least.. I'll keep my feelings about him personally to myself but suffice it to say, they're not family friendly..
Old 01-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #7
52napco

Well for the 3rd project now I've yet to get a response of any kind from truckseats..
So scratch them of my list of people to buy from...
I ordered some bumpstops from Brothers a few months ago and they screwed that up.

Surely there's someone dependable to buy covers from ????
Old 01-04-2018, 08:45 PM   #8
Killer Bee

sadly, it seems business integrity and work ethic is becoming as difficult to find as these old trucks
Old 01-08-2018, 06:23 AM   #9
GMCPaul

PUI AKA Parts Unlimited Inc. does not make Suburban or Blazer seat covers only pickup. Difference is the back is finished on Suburban's & Blazers. Truck World makes the Suburban & Blazer, the reason you're finding it difficult to find most companies have dropped Truck World other than Brothers. We quit carrying their product a while ago, Based on a post in product reviews Truck Seats quit carrying them recently last year. Why you ask are these vendors no longer carrying the best manufacturers upholstery??? Especially when they do all seats and have the best work?????
The reason is the vendor places a order to get some made, gets told 2-3 weeks, seat cover finally arrives 4-6 months later to more than a year later. Result 's in customers cancel orders waiting frustrated, customers that wait pleased with results but upset with the extremely long wait. During the wait when suppliers check with Larry the owner they get told repeatedly its a priority will go out this week, next week, etc...... for months to a year or more repeatedly on same upholstery. Result dissatisfied customers that feel it's our fault.
Well it was our fault as vendors for continuing to carry a product that is not supplied in a timely and consistent manner.
This is why it's so difficult to find them. We have 1 69-70 Bucket seat set, & 1 Blue 71-72 center seat cover left over from Truck World, unsure if it's the long or short center seat at the moment though.
GMCPaul

Last edited by GMCPaul; 01-08-2018 at 06:32 AM.
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:19 AM   #10
52napco

Could I contact truck world direct and just deal with the wait time?? Looks like this is my only option at this point.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #11
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52napco View Post
Could I contact truck world direct and just deal with the wait time?? Looks like this is my only option at this point.
To my knowledge they do not retail. Where as Brothers still deals with the headaches of these and you can order them through them.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote