The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
rs74

Updating a base model 2000?

Just wondering how hard it would be to update a 2000 LS short bed truck. Meaning adding power windows and locks to a manual style truck. I found a 4.8 (wish it was a 5.3) short bed that has manual doors and rubber floor mat with the base seat. Can a truck like this be converted over to power doors fairly easy if you have the door harness.

I have been looking for a newer truck but was mostly looking at the 88-98 style until I saw this 2000. It has high miles and needs a little body work but any of these short bed v8 trucks are hard to find anymore. I see a lot of these 99-02 chevy short beds but most either have a v6 or are a manual window type.

If I were to get one of these base types then I would be looking at putting in the power windows and locks along with some carpet and a nicer seat verse the base cheapo seat. I assume all of that would be fairly simple in these trucks. To top things off this truck is the Indigo blue that I like. The same color that I am painting my 85 short bed.

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
52mikey

Re: Updating a base model 2000?

i know this is probably a bit late, but i did this on a 02 standard cab W/T. it wasn,t plug and play like i thought. i found a 2000 LS ext cab with same charcoal int. that a guy was parting with 43,000 miles. i got power seats, windows, door panels, temp. rear view mirror, front bumper w/fogs, console and wire harnesses for about $350. i had to pull new wiring thru dash for windows and pwr/heated mirrors, and i had to download a wiring schematic to reconfigure my wiring to each new component, because the W//T is so basic that the power for the new harnesses was not corresponding to the dash connections (12volts would have gone straight to ground in some cases). It was definitely worth the trouble though. I have heard that the LS and LT models have the harnesses already there, so they should be plug and play. you would need to get the door panels if you want stock switches. I cut off ext. cab part of carpet and it fit really well, i also got fog light switch, heater control panel with rear window defogger for the heated mirrors even though i dont have rear defogger. This seat and console don't have jump seat, so i can only seat 2 people. hope this helps
52mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:27 AM   #3
EddiesLow77

Very helpful i was wondering the same thing for my truck to its a 2003 silverado ext cab base model want to install power windows and power locks
EddiesLow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:38 PM   #4
hugger6933

Too bad your so far away I have a 03 SLT extra cab, bose and redundant music trip computer. It has a "cosmetic flaw" on the bedside and tailgate but a touch less then $3000 could buy this one. If you were wanting one with more options. Truck just don't bring as much here as they do in other parts of the country.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote