The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2020, 09:09 PM   #2676
davischevy

Re: My Facetruck thread.

MY oldest daughter and her family relaxing week before last by Kite Lake, near Beartown, CO. I didn't take a lot of pictures on that trip.
Attached Images

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:44 PM   #2677
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
MY oldest daughter and her family relaxing week before last by Kite Lake, near Beartown, CO. I didn't take a lot of pictures on that trip.
That's way out in the boonies ,,had it all to your selves,, looks like fun ............4 wheeling it ? Fishing ? gold mining ? j/kidin just being out there by yourselves enjoying the surroundings is all good.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:45 PM   #2678
special-K
Special Order

That's great that you not only take nice true get-away vacations, but you draw your family together with them. I hope to get my brother together with us for a raft trip on the Youghiogheny River with my buddy's outfit. I have a standing "free trip for family" invitation with him. He got that started 40 years ago this year. Roger is truly the best kind

http://www.precisionrafting.com/
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-20-2020 at 10:03 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #2679
GOPAPA

Quote:
I just looked up where you were in Colorado and also looked up where my son and family and all of his wifes family are in Georgtown Lake in Colorado.. as the crow flies there is only about 20-30 miles between you.. I will have to post photos another site as in this one you only are supposed to post ones we take our selves,,
Old 07-20-2020, 09:56 PM   #2680
davischevy

I usually float the Buffalo River with my youngest daughter and her family fathers day weekend but that got canceled this year.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:16 PM   #2681
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
I just looked up where you were in Colorado and also looked up where my son and family and all of his wifes family are in Georgtown Lake in Colorado.. as the crow flies there is only about 20-30 miles between you.. I will have to post photos another site as in this one you only are supposed to post ones we take our selves,,
Larry, are you lost in the wrong thread like I do? This isn't Chevyland Eric's "Pictures you took" thread, it's other Larry's Facetruck and that means random whatever you do is fine... except politic, religion, bashing other trucks, quarrelling, using non-family oriented content, crochet, sushi, fondue, Gucci fashion and limburger cheese
Quote:
I usually float the Buffalo River with my youngest daughter and her family fathers day weekend but that got canceled this year.
Paddling a river is a great way to enjoy a day with others

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 07-20-2020, 11:48 PM   #2682
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
We used to canoe the White River south of Cabool Missouri back in the late Eighties. We would camp/set in at Twin Bridges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Paddling a river is a great way to enjoy a day with others
That’s a fact.
Kayaking looks like it’d be a blast.

I’ve been white water rafting with a bunch of my buddies on the Arkansas River back in 2013 and again 2015. I think those years are correct. We would set in at Cotopaxi Co. In 2013 we went down to the Royal Gorge. The second trip they said the water was moving to fast/volume or something like that raft down to the Gorge.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:30 AM   #2683
special-K
Special Order

Roger and these other boaters go places no one goes. In case you want some entertainment, here is a day they ran the North Fork of the Black River in WVA.

Tim

Old 07-21-2020, 12:30 AM   #2684
special-K
Special Order

Wouldn't it be great to get us all together for a raft trip?

Roger put this video up:

I know these guys in this video about how the race on the Youghiogheny got started. They asked my dad to be the official timer for the first races. I found this video and boy does it bring back memories. I never reached the level of these guys. Jess is a wild man. He built boats when they were still fiberglass. He came up with the small short boat design many use today. I remember he made a Darth Vader helmet. He's a self-taught engineer. Never did college. BTW, they don't mention it, but the Upper Yough is run on damn release.

Here is a wild and crazy day they had on the Upper Yough. Not dam release
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DVDVVXX

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 07-21-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:56 AM   #2685
prairewolf

I am glad I get to hang around you folks, you keep me out of trouble. most days!

upcoming trip to northern Mn, I have been close to home area so long that 50 miles away seems like vacation.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #2686
davischevy

I forgot to report, the pool is finished.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2020, 08:56 PM   #2687
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
I forgot to report, the pool is finished.
Oh that looks nice.....

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:09 PM   #2688
special-K
Special Order

Real nice right about now. HOT!

Tim

Old 08-02-2020, 10:08 PM   #2689
Boog
laying low

Hardly got above 80 here today. Partly cloudy. So I hand scrubbed the camper up real good. Well 1/2 half of it. I'll get back to that another day. I had all I wanted for one day. I'm trying to get the wife to go camping. She's still afraid to go to crowded places. We go to a small park with only 30 sites. She comes in contact with more people each day at work than we would at a camp ground but she's not ready. If it don't get used this year I may hang a for sale sign on it.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #2690
davischevy

If I could get my wife out, I would load up the motorhome and go up SD, Montana, Wyoming way.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:56 PM   #2691
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I'm not all that much of a camper, despite the time I spent with the Scouts over the 15 years that I was a volunteer. I never camped as a kid, is why. My wife is an only child and has camped all over the US. She's excited about campgrounds with hookups, because they can be gotten into with minimal contact with people. We'll see what happens. I'd prefer to stay local for the simple reason that I've driven about 200k miles in rush hour traffic and am just shell shocked, or as my one son says, PTSD for traffic.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:29 AM   #2692
special-K
Special Order

I'm not real sure about my decision to go to the Carlisle truck show this week, to be honest. I see it as about as high risk and it gets, other than something indoors. To many people flaunting the safe practices and certainly a whole heap of them in close contact and certainly touching a whole heap of things in a whole heap of vendor spaces.

I just went to our local chapter of the ATHS yesterday and even that was a risk. it was held at a local Ruritan Club grounds under a pavilion with a nice soft breeze blowing. No one wearing masks, but we were all asked, before we ate, to go wash our hands and wear a mask while filling our plates. We didn't have to wear them while we ate .

Not far from there is where my friend Terry Grabble, who has been my sandblaster longer than I can remember, lived and had his commercial painting shop... started by his dad. The reason I'm using past tense is because yesterday I learned he got the virus and it took his life in May. What a shock. I knew this thing was real and it is not going away, but to find it took a person close to me has really impacted me. I don't think it's done setting in yet. Sandy, his wife, also got it but is still with us. She is running the business now but I'm not sure how that will go. Terry was the estimator and that meant offsite jobs such as large storage tanks for propane companies and other complicated things you have to know your stuff to estimate. I feel so bad for her. They are of the best kind of people. I could haul my stuff up there any day of the week any time of day. Terry and I spent many an evening elbows resting on the bedrails looking out across the farmland "philosophizing". He was a longtime member of the Lions Club and coached little league baseball. We lost us a good on, boys. Damn this virus
Attached Images

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 08-03-2020 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #2693
davischevy

Wow, it's been two weeks since we have been here.

Sorry to hear about your friend Tim. Did he have any pre-existing conditions?

Our motorhome left the farm Saturday. It went to a good home in Missouri. We are on the hunt for it's replacement. There are too many choices.

I went in for the second round of three procedures for a dental implant. They screwed me today. I get the cap in 3 1/2 months.

This implant cost just a little more than I paid for my brand new 72 Cheyenne.

I picked up my 55 this afternoon, and moved it to a different body shop. My friend is going to be there at 9 AM to start on it. Fingers crossed.

Old 08-17-2020, 09:02 PM   #2694
GOPAPA

Quote:
If I could get my wife out, I would load up the motorhome and go up SD, Montana, Wyoming way.
You'd do it this year? I guess one has awhile yet ,,but across states takes days..

I have just one more camping trip planned this year on the Snake River (idaho side ) and then winterize the Travel Trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I'm not all that much of a camper, despite the time I spent with the Scouts over the 15 years that I was a volunteer. I never camped as a kid, is why. My wife is an only child and has camped all over the US. She's excited about campgrounds with hookups, because they can be gotten into with minimal contact with people. We'll see what happens. I'd prefer to stay local for the simple reason that I've driven about 200k miles in rush hour traffic and am just shell shocked, or as my one son says, PTSD for traffic.
I am with you on the highway traffic anymore,, people are nuts about going fast cutting in and out ,,and our highway speed here is 80MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

Not far from there is where my friend Terry Grabble, who has been my sandblaster longer than I can remember, lived and had his commercial painting shop... started by his dad. The reason I'm using past tense is because yesterday I learned he got the virus and it took his life in May.

I wear the mask when shopping too,, not taking chances with it for my wife and for me
Sorry about your friend Tim, were not supposed to die from a virus ,it aint fair.

I picked up my 55 this afternoon, and moved it to a different body shop. My friend is going to be there at 9 AM to start on it. Fingers crossed.
So, we both have sick cars ,, mine goes in the hospital next week , why did you move it ? not getting good service? What was wrong with your camper ? lots of questions ,,sorry just skip them if I am to personal,, just curious if its a bad brand or not..
Old 08-17-2020, 09:11 PM   #2695
davischevy

Larry, It depends on when we find a motorhome to replace the one we sold Saturday.

Old 08-17-2020, 09:29 PM   #2696
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
You'd do it this year? I guess one has awhile yet ,,but across states takes days..

I have just one more camping trip planned this year on the Snake River (idaho side ) and then winterize the Travel Trailer.

I am with you on the highway traffic anymore,, people are nuts about going fast cutting in and out ,,and our highway speed here is 80MPH

So, we both have sick cars ,, mine goes in the hospital next week , why did you move it ? not getting good service? What was wrong with your camper ? lots of questions ,,sorry just skip them if I am to personal,, just curious if its a bad brand or not..
Trailer towing speed limit in California is 55 MPH, but the semis just charge by with probably as much speed as they can get away with. If they are going 80 MPH up there, they're all the "prunes" transplanted from California!

My favorite Idaho story is from when I worked at a truck and tractor repair place in the mid-'70s and one of our customers had gone to California in January. He was amazed that the farms were growing lettuce at that time of year. Well, the ground isn't frozen three feet deep in California in January, like it is in Idaho!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:34 PM   #2697
davischevy

MY dad lived in Meridian, ID before WWII. He talked about it a lot over the years. I finally talked him into loading my mother up and driving up for a visit.

When they got back I asked about the trip. He was disenchanted. He couldn't find one single thing he remembered from the thirties. He couldn't believe the growth.

Old 08-18-2020, 06:08 AM   #2698
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Wow, it's been two weeks since we have been here.

Sorry to hear about your friend Tim. Did he have any pre-existing conditions?
Yes, he did. I thought of him and another friend who has had struggles with his health when the reality of this virus settled in on me last winter. That other friend is heavy on vending at Carlisle and he rolled his sites over into next year, he told me before they starting carrying through with the shows.

Tim

Old 08-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #2699
Killer Bee

what happened to the "guess what these five things are" thread??

is it gone or was it never there and I'm losing it?
Old 08-18-2020, 12:27 PM   #2700
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
what happened to the "guess what these five things are" thread??

is it gone or was it never there and I'm losing it?
I don't know......

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote