The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #26
A1971Blazer

Re: Doesn't anyone like original Hickey Enterprises parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan View Post
Regardless of where one stands on this issue, I commend everyone concerned for a well-reasoned, courteous and thorough airing of their various perspectives. It is a credit to this board's members that an issue that obviously is meaningful to many of the commentators can be discussed in such a civil, thoughtful way.
Very profound words. In many forums that I've formerly belonged to, this, or any issue would have quickly escalated into argumentative and malicious dialogue.

I haven't been here long, but one most positive observations I've made is that there's a great deal of respect between the members. That speaks volumes for one's character.
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #27
swissarmychainsaw

I'll add a couple of things:

1) congrats to Erik for keeping the Hickey brand alive. Anyone who drives a square should know who Vic Hickey was, and most don't.
He's the reason we have the Blazer and the Hummer FYI

2) I don't want to scour the internet/swap meets/junk yards looking for parts. This is why I don't own Italian motorcycles, for example.
I have dealt with Erik and he's a stand up guy keeping vintage parts coming for our old trucks and I appreciate that!

I also believe there is room for purists. If you want and value "stock" parts there are all kinds of places for you to express this. Someone mentioned the mopar resto. These trucks may never get there (like a 57 chevy) but they might too.
When they do I'll move on. It's a truck, I like it because it's affordable and useful. An alternator for my truck costs $25 at Napa. I don't even know how it can be that cheap.

If they made a repo sidewinder, I'd buy it...
swissarmychainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #28
cleszkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissarmychainsaw View Post
I'll add a couple of things:

2) I don't want to scour the internet/swap meets/junk yards looking for parts.
This is where a lot of people differ. I love the hunt. I love scouring yards and swap meets just to find that small treasure. It's the sense of satisfaction I get when I save something from the crusher or from obscurity. Some people want immediate gratification by buying a repop piece. And that is all good. But for me, it's about the slow, sometimes agonizing searches along the way, not getting to the finish line first.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #29
Tomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleszkie View Post
This is where a lot of people differ. I love the hunt. I love scouring yards and swap meets just to find that small treasure. It's the sense of satisfaction I get when I save something from the crusher or from obscurity. Some people want immediate gratification by buying a repop piece. And that is all good. But for me, it's about the slow, sometimes agonizing searches along the way, not getting to the finish line first.
I agree - makes for a good story too!
Tomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:00 AM   #30
robs71k5
K5drive

Koddo"s great remarks . Just one comment as far as the Header part for the windshield softop conversion piece that I provided here made me feel that I was contributing to the needs and wants that go the preservation of our vehicles. I suppose manny of these parts can be thought of in the same fashion. Also picking the counterfeit can be a novelty or a part for resale . It's what makes our world go around !
robs71k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #31
Sandtrap9072

I do, what do you have for sale?
Sandtrap9072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:10 AM   #32
Jsfucttruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by midunes View Post
Jim's trusses your friend saw were originals I sold. Not mine so not marked.
So are you willing to share with the rest of us how you are marking repro items?
I doubt I'll see a repro at the swap meet already, but it would be nice to know what I am buying.

I feel there is a need to reproduce said pieces. I wish he would was reproducing more stuff. Hell, come out with some new stuff.

That being said. I love original stuff. I prefer it. I love a good hunt for a part. Sometimes, I just want it done.

Do you have plans to reproduce the 14bff cover. I scored on this one.
Not sure if I will come across another.
Attached Images

Jsfucttruck is offline   Reply With Quote