The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #26
mrtoni

Re: Buyer's Remorse?

Sorry for my ignorance. I saw Cheyenne mentioned on the spid and thought that was Chevy only vs gnocchi sierra
mrtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #27
mrtoni

I hate auto correct. Gmc not gnocchi. Here's my 72 blazer I got this summer. Our trusses are similar but mine are welded to the axle.
Attached Images

mrtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:12 AM   #28
vancelot69

That's cool. I could handle seeing pics of your trusses.

I don't think the top belongs to my truck. Today I ran my fingers under the bed rail and the holes in the bed don't match the holes in the top.

Would y'all suggest getting a double wall top, or drilling holes to match the top and using "regular" bolts & nuts?

pic 1: drivers side, far rear, closest to the hatch.
pic 2: same side, next hole forward.
Attached Images

2003 HD Road King
vancelot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:44 AM   #29
1rippen6

Everyone tries to find a single wall top so the top can be removed without removing the side panels on a CST equipped blazer. A double wall you have to run the bolts up from the bottom (keep the single wall you will be much happier. )
1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #30
mattfranklin

What a great looking truck! It looks like a lot of fun.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=567340
mattfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:59 PM   #31
robs71k5
K5drive

Where those trusses a dealer option ? I have the same ones and the gas tank skid as well but missing the transfer case plate
All you got to do is rip it apart have a good cry then start putting it back together . You'll soon rid your self of any remorse replacing it with great anticipation with a side of joy . Good Luck and giddy up !
robs71k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:33 AM   #32
vancelot69

2003 HD Road King
Old 09-02-2017, 04:33 PM   #33
1tuff71

Just curious did you keep the axle truss's that came with your Jimmy ?
Old 09-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #34
vancelot69

Yeah, I still have the trusses. They really eat away the ground clearance though. I was finally able to take it off road once back in June, and the one on the rear axle wasn't tightened down very well and wound up getting tucked up behind the diff, so I just took it off, and the front one acted like a bulldozer and was FULL of crap (mud and junk) by the time we were done. So, I think I'm going to take them off and get heavy duty diff covers (like this ARB one for the D44, and this B&M one for the GM 12-bolt rear - can't find an ARB for the GM 12-bolt).

Also, if y'all have seen my other threads about this truck, I just posted that a month or so ago my buyer's remorse was pretty much gone and I was starting to get excited about working on it, as robs71k5 had predicted, but then this past week a friend of a friend threw a monkey wrench in the works and made me start second guessing everything I've been thinking about it and it started weighing on me hard this weekend, to the point where my excitement was gone and my apprehension was back. But after talking to a friend, and talking with my wife this afternoon, the apprehension is leaving again and I can feel the excitement creeping back in.

I think the "cool" in my previous comment in this thread was in response to robs71k5 saying I would soon rid myself of remorse. Regarding the trusses, I don't know if they were dealer or not. At first I thought they were cool, but now I think they're more trouble than their worth. But I don't think I necessarily want to get rid of them.
2003 HD Road King

Last edited by vancelot69; 03-12-2018 at 01:28 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #35
1tuff71

The trusses could of been a "dealer" option. They are from a company called GO-RHINO but they no longer offer them. I have a front one and have been looking for the rear. I would be interested in them if you decide to let them go provided their in good condition. I know the problem(s) that go along with them and not many like them for good reasons but since my truck is a trailer queen it doesn't matter to me. I'm buying for looks only. Price wise I paid $75 for the one I have which I found on this site. Let me know. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #36
1tuff71

Hay mrtoni, what type truss do you have for sale and do you have the rear ? Pics and price please !!!