The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Project: NO-LIFE,...

I guess it's time to post a build on my red '69 swb.
I purchased this truck around the first of January 2009. I bought it because it was a clean short fleetside truck. It's got a 292 6 cylinder and a powerglide transmission,... which I thought was kinda odd for a short wheelbase 1/2 ton truck.
Anyway,... I've been trying to use only parts that I had laying around, which includes robbing a ton of stuff off of my old '71 swb parts truck.
So far I purchased a nice used grill from member tcb-1, powdercoated headlight bezels from txfirefighter, and a bunch of misc. small parts from other board members. This truck is a perfect example of the deals you can find on this board. Well worth the $25 subscribing members dues,... for all the parts I have found on here.

The suspension is a 5.5"/7.5" static drop.
I'm using some swap meet '71-'72 McGaughy's drop spindles ($100), a set of $89 Summit 3" drop springs, and my old Belltech drop shocks from the blazer. In the rear I have a set of 6" ECE drop springs, ECE Super Track Bar, and ECE shocks and relocators from my '71 parts truck. I also made a set of 1.5" lowering blocks to get the rear down.
This weekend I swapped the alternator for an "internal regulating" off the parts truck. I recently purchased a new Optima battery for the blazer,... so the old AC Delco battery got swapped into the '69. The grille ($75)and swap meet front bumper ($20) got put on last weekend.

Wheels are a set of 7" and 8" 6-lug ralleys I had, with some Ebay centercaps. Tires are 215/70-15's and 275/60-15's for a little rubber rake.
I got the bed installed this afternoon, and took it for a quit trip up the road. (setting on a 2-1/2 gallon bucket. Ha)
The front a-arms are the old stock lowers and CPP uppers off of the blazer. All the tie rods, idler arm, etc. are new.
I've got a ton to still do,... but here's what it looked like when I started, (after a wheel change and minor clean up), and the "new stance" photos I took today.
Attached Images

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote