The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
RAS C-10

Talking my first post/pics

Whats going on guys, like everyone else I just wanted to show off my newest plaything. Its a 1970 C10 swb, with a 250 Inline 6 with a TH350. The only thing she is missing is a front bumper and Tailgate!
no power brakes or steering Im wanting to take it back to original as possible aside from some luxuries and the motor (was a 307 but Im diggin to 250) and the paint scheme was blue but kinda liking the orange and white!
Im just starting out but,Ive already collected some parts for my baby!

Need to install
Hei Distributor
Getting some power steering brackets from Ebay ( heavy research to be sure they were the right ones)
Installed
locks and ignition switch to matching set
new driver side door latch

Currently
Tackling the various leaks from the Tranny

Couple of questions for anyone who can answer that is.

1)On the 5th picture Im not sure what the blue piece is near the shift linkage? I dont know what it is nor how i would go about fixing it!

2) how hard is it to change the shift linkage seal? Im not terribly comfortable with working on transmissions

3) ive read on here that I can buy the power steering gear and pump at a local parts store, my question is, should I be looking for pumps and gears for my V6 or does it matter? as long as it works with what I have?

4)if my outer rocker panels are eat up with rust should I just go ahead and buy the inner panels as well , Im going to have the body work done at a shop so I wanted to know if I should get the inners as well to save time?
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
tattoed71

Re: my first post/pics

looks like u got a solid truck, welcome
tattoed71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Cameron 1137

Good looking truck! Welcome to the board!
1966 Chevy Corvair 500, "Marigold" SOLD
2005 Subaru Outback Wagon DEAD
2008 Pontiac G8, New Winter/Daily
Cameron 1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

WELCOME!!!!
The HEI is an easy swap.Search the "Truck FAQ's thread and look for 6 cyl HEI by member shifty.It will walk you thru the process step by step.I spent about 2-3 hours gathering Plug wires,terminal ends and etc.But only about 45 min from hood up to leaving the drive for a test (and I regapped the plugs and wasn't in a rush,it just fell together that easy).Well worth the read and one of the best mods to my 6.
1&2 I don't know.
3 Make sure you get all brackets,pulleys and the pump when you buy the PS.There seem to be dozens of combinations but some of it doesn't mix well.If you don't get it all you may have alignment problems with the pump pulley and others.The gearbox and pump can usually be bought at any parts store,IIRC there is a core charge.Pump pulleys can be spaced differently from the front flange to the center of the pulleys,so watch for that on a new one.The Rag Joint (AKA STEERING COUPLER) IS ALSO DIFFERENT FROM THE MANUAL BOX TO THE ps BOX SO YOU WILL NEED ONE THAT FITS BOTH SHAFTS.
4. I would get the inner and outter rockers since the inners are about $7-8.00 each,well worth the price to have on hand.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote