The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

May I Suggest...?

I must be bored, so I'm picking the board to pieces. What's wrong with you people, just give me something better to do and you can get away with anything!

First, I want to let Bill Palf know how much I appreciate all the effort he puts out to make this ToTM and ToTY contests happen. He is a great asset to this site and doing what he does is great! Now, let me give you something else to do in your spare time

No, seriously, if this is even a suggestion the staff will take into consideration, maybe it could be handed to someone else. Ready? Here it is...

Looking through at slower message boards, such as pre-47s, I see the first page loaded with contest notifications. I mean all the way back to September. Is it possible for staff to go to these slower forums and delete these threads? I mean, they are only links to another thread with no content of their own and the contests are by gone, so where is the benefit to leaving them or the harm in deleting them? All these serve to do is make it all the more obvious how slow these message boards are and push what few threads there are farther back. I'm not sure if other threads are as bad as this one, but I think for sure the Pre-47 board could use such routine clean up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #2
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: May I Suggest...?

I do that every so often. When we had mods on each area they were suppose to. Ill go get it cleaned up again this weekend. Thanks for the reminder\

The other one that drives me insane is stickies. I go through and clean them when I think about it too.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

So they won't be so sticky? Thanks,I never noticed the "old" contests till I looked at S10s or maybe Pre-47swhere there is less traffic.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #4
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

I had thought about asking Bill not to post them to the Pre-47 area for that reason, but never did.
As a Team Member, I can delete the contest threads, but I can't remove them completely. They still show up on the forum list, just as a deleted post. So that doesn't really accomplish anything.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Liz, I thought you had a way to completely remove a post with no trace left behind on the list?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

It only shows because you are a mod... The rest will be discussed privately thanks
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote