The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #26
Cumminpwr11
Southern Nevada Coal Roller

Re: Suburban Rotisserie question

Thanks for information. I will look for the UPOL Raptor. I am hoping to get to body done right the first time so all the prone rust areas are taken care of and she will be a beauty for years to come. I am building my suburban to be driven and I want her to last.

Chris

72 Suburban, 1 ton dodge chassis 4wd cummins, DTT 47rh 89%, PDR VE 3200 spring, PODS, Piers Turbo.

36 Chevy P/U rat rod project. 4bta cummins
Cumminpwr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #27
pimpston65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobuffalo View Post
After all of the metal work.
where dis you get that setup? im looking to do my 66 burban on a rotisserie myself, whats the lowest off the ground it can be and still flip all the way on its side? im in a small one car garage and have limited space vertical wise...
pimpston65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #28
Gobuffalo

The way you see it mounted is as low as I could mount it and still be able to turn 360*. In fact, the bolts for the tie bar that hold the 2 rotisserie ends together had to be turned sideways because they just kissed the corners of the roof.

I have been working on a special project to finish painting. After all the powder coating, stainless and other work I have done, I don't want any overspray on my chassis. It's gonna take forever to mask. So I built a body cart specifically for a 67 to 72 Suburban. It's made of 2"X 2", .120 wall square tube. It uses common 8" scaffolding wheels. It picks up the 2nd, 4th and 5th body mount. The body will be about 18" off the ground at the rocker. My son (a welder) tells me it's way over built for a body cart. I figured it had to be to be able to mount the doors and fenders and not flex. The paint is metallic, and has to be done all at the same time to be sure it looks best.
This will be available when I'm done. If nobody is interested, it will be an awesome work bench.
Attached Images

Gobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:54 AM   #29
thefalconer_88

Sorry if missed it, but what brand is your rotisserie?
thefalconer_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #30
Gobuffalo

Auto Twirler
It's sold.
I still have the custom made body cart in the picture. You can find it in the misc for sale section. Search for body cart. Lots of pictures.
Gobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote