The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
cdog73

Whats the differences?

Just have a few quick questions on the extreme lowering products out there. There are many makers of the super low front suspensions. Scott's Hot Rod Shop,Porterbuilt,Thorbecke Bros, and possibly a lot more. Here is my question. I know almost everyone on here is using the Porterbuilt stuff, but my question is why. Is it truly the best of the best, is it that his prices are better than everyone else, because we all know none of them are cheap, or is it the whole quality,and ride that everyone likes. Tell me what you are running, and why you chose to go that route. Also please post pics if possible of the install of your front suspension. I will be going with an extreme drop next year and wanna figure out the dos' and dont's the pluses and minuses before jumping in head first.. Tell me why you bought what you bought. Thanks guys.
cdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
cdog73

Re: Whats the differences?

Oh yeah feel free to list any suspension makers that you used that i didn't list!
cdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
jimmydean

Porterbuilt was the first. A lot of people run Nate's stuff because he's been doing it a while and has been on this site for what seems like forever supporting this board and it's members with discounts and top notch service, support, and feedback.

I don't know if you could go wrong with any of the vendors off this sites offerings, it comes down to personal preference like any other aspect of a solid project.

What do you want?
What is your budget?
Does the location matter?

I think Porterbuilt, Scotts, and No Limit are all awesome choices.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #4
andrewmp6

Thorbecke Bros copied nates dropmember and they no longer make it the guy making them quit and stole the blue prints.I like Porterbuilt Scotts and no limits but to me Porterbuilts looks better and you can use your oem control arms if money is tight the others you can't.Porterbuilts uses a fox body rack and pinion which is 79 -93 you can find a used nice one cheap sometimes.Just stay far away from airbagit.com/chassis tech or whatever name they use this week.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
Scottshotrods

The best thing to do is call any of the companies up on the phone and see what they offer and what will fit your budget the best.

Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
king-918

I have a KP components cantilever (6-link) setup in the rear it bought from azproperformance (Travis) and a stock sectioned x-member from scoti. I haven't drove it yet but I like the KP for looks, height, and the kit could lay frame without needing to be modified
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Oh yeah I'm really a Toyota guy, but had some stuff sitting around.

Oklahoma
king-918 is offline   Reply With Quote