The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
CRMW

69 c10

A friend of mine is offering me his 69 C10 at a pretty attractive price. He had had the body restored a decade or so ago and its holding up well. I think i'm going to pull the trigger on it but have some questions:

- There is no fan clutch on the truck but there looks to be room to install one. Any reason not to do it?
- The truck has drum brakes on the front, is the cheapest way to convert them to disk using a 73 and up front end? I'd also like hydroboost.
- Is their any reason to convert to 5 lug other than using the 73 and up front end?
- I'd prefer a lsd rear diff, do i have to stay with the same body style or will a newer diff fit? I have an 09 1500wt that is going to go for parts.
- I'd like to upgrade to power steering as well

I've been searching the site and coming up with lots of ideas but it seems that i get close but don't quite get an answer to my questions.

Thanks
Chirs
CRMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
rjs53

Re: 69 c10

The clutch fan should work, if not you may have to replace the water pump depending if its a short or long pump.
The disc brake I got from ECE, but you could go junking and pull the front off a late 72 or newer. I had a 65 and put disc brakes on it from a 74, with no issues. If you go 5 lug remember the back has to be changed also (new axles). I don't see why you can't put an Eaton or like in the rear in place of the open diff. I thought about going with a bronco rear, because their limited slip and have disc brakes.
If you go junking, you might find a complete set up with power disc and power steering all in one. The nice thing about some of the kits is every thing is new. Just depends on the path you want to take.
rjs53 is offline   Reply With Quote