The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Couch
Daily Driver

69 fleet recently acquired

just got ahold of a another 69 swb fleetside. no engine no trans or front nose. it was in a pretty hairy accident.traded a olds 455 block straight across for it. got some nice parts im gonna take what i want off it. if there are any request for stuff i can let it go cheap. just let me know.

also if i were to drop these trailing arms under my longbed frame. what all do i have to do to get it so a bed sits square on it.i can mount coilovers. so im not worried about shock or spring mounts.is this all i have to be concerned about in doing this?

nitrous...the equal opportunity destroyer.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
57sailplane

Re: 69 fleet recently acquired

if your truck is a leaf truck then get the hole cross member that the trailing arms bolt to and the arms.. the cross member is riveted in so a torch or cut off wheel is needed.. don't cut cross member because you can use the holes were the rivets were to bolt to your frame. i think i heard someone say that the holes are already existing in a leaf frame. not sure though. anyways good luck...
57sailplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Couch
Daily Driver

Re: 69 fleet recently acquired

no. its a trailing arm. thats why i figured it would all go smoothly, we shall see. im gonna junk the lwb bed for its weight. dont worry, the truck was used as a scrap hauler before i got it. the bed is toasted. im just gonna have to rig up some bed mounts for a swb bed to mount up.

this should be it. right?

nitrous...the equal opportunity destroyer.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote