The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork > Detailing

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
1slo_camaro

My 60$ wheels.....

Welp i got really tired of riding around on rallies, i hate them lol, not the look i am going for with my truck. I love the old classic look but not the route i wanted to go with on this truck. SOO after looking around craigslist i found these wheels for 60 bucks! the guy said that it was just some dirt but since the only way i could get them for 60 instead of 120 was to meet him at that moment which was a 45 min drive in a monsoon so hell yea ill save 60 bucks.

I really contemplated painting them black with a polished lip but figured thatd be no fun haha

Needless to say they needed a little loving. so i gave them a few acid washes and scrubbed and ABSOLUTELY no luck i busted my ass and here is where the truck is at right now. this is 2 different days of shots but they need some more loving but coming along

And After some good scrubbing with some green scrubb pads and blue magic here is where we are at now

Front wheel done

Both wheels worked on

So in time these will be A LOT shinier and will have some better tires. im really hoping to get some 275s maybe 295s in the back and 255s up front

Thoughts? i know she needs paint and a little stance and tint and a cowl hood and so on and so on haha but i paid 500$ for the whole truck and it hasnt left me stranded so i cant complain to much

1998 Jeep ZJ 4.5 lift 32s full bolt ons awaiting axles

"Life is full of decisions, we make them and dont look back"
1slo_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
1slo_camaro

Re: My 60$ wheels.....

The trashy Redneck paintjob was from the P.O i plan on for a quick fix going over it with sandpaper and blasting some flat black on it till i can get my garage free and get some real satin black on it and some stripping of gloss black

Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
bigwheel15

Holy crap, they look like a completely different wheel. I thought at first those wheels were painted with that rustoleum stone paint.
bigwheel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
1slo_camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel15 View Post
Holy crap, they look like a completely different wheel. I thought at first those wheels were painted with that rustoleum stone paint.

Ill take that as a compliment! haha yea they were pretty bad man, but they are a lot better now and hopefully after i get back from my boat trip ill be able to tinker withthem some more and get them a little better. i have to get all the pitting off the back and the holes also

Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Custom 68

Great job
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #6
Cape Codder

If you really have the patience, wet sand starting with 220 switch to 400 then 600 then 1000 then 1500. Then rubbing compound with a wool pad on the buffer they can be brought back to new condition. Very time consuming.

These S-10 wheels looked a lot like yours.
Cape Codder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
1slo_camaro

thanks guys, yea im gonna have to get some light sanding on it and keep working, but like i said im not embarassed to drive down the road with it now haha so ill just slowly keep working on it and get it back to nice, im not sure how long im keeping the 15s though, i might bump up to a 17 and run a wider and lower pro tire but thats all on how cash does but for now i can get a 275 tire for 25 a piece with decent tread so im probably going to jump on those as soon as i can and worry about a bigger rim and wider tire later. i need to go lower and some more power is first in the works.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
Damon23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
If you really have the patience, wet sand starting with 220 switch to 400 then 600 then 1000 then 1500. Then rubbing compound with a wool pad on the buffer they can be brought back to new condition. Very time consuming.

These S-10 wheels looked a lot like yours.
Oh WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first truck was a black 84 S-10 ext. cab 4x4 and I remember paying a guy that detailed semi trucks $200 to do the wheels like that. I even had the same uniroyal tires. That truck brings back memories.

No great defeat was ever just possible in the beginning.
Damon23 is offline   Reply With Quote