The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
firedemon

dam kids stop signs arent sugestions

kid ran a stop sign his mom needs a new sliding door on her minivan and I get more work I wasn't ready for . guess im done for the year
Attached Images

firedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #2
mygmctruck1

Re: dam kids stop signs arent sugestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedemon View Post
kid ran a stop sign his mom needs a new sliding door on her minivan and I get more work I wasn't ready for . guess im done for the year
The kid needs a good kick in the ass and then have his drivers license taken away .
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
cornerstone

Please tell us they have insurance? At least you can get reimbursed.... Remember, these are $100,000. classics now!

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:29 PM   #4
palallin

Sorry to hear it, man!

What his mom's minivan needs is a better driver.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #5
projectking

Quote:
Originally Posted by palallin View Post
Sorry to hear it, man!

What his mom's minivan needs is a better driver.
Exactly
90 Mustang Notchback
projectking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #6
Sheepdip

OUCH!! Sorry to see this.
Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #7
firedemon

ya insurance will cover it . at least nobody got hurt . his dad showed up at scene was not happy with the boy . was probably good there was a cop or the poor kid would have been implanted with dads boot
Old 10-05-2019, 08:57 PM   #8
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
ya insurance will cover it . at least nobody got hurt . his dad showed up at scene was not happy with the boy . was probably good there was a cop or the poor kid would have been implanted with dads boot
We’ve all probably had dads boot implanted once or twice. glad no one was hurt.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #9
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
We’ve all probably had dads boot implanted once or twice. glad no one was hurt.
That's the main thing, but sorry to see this happen to your truck.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:33 AM   #10
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
glad no one was hurt.
That's the main thing. I had a friend that got hit under similar circumstances on his Harley a couple of months ago. He didn't survive.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:40 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
That sucks! It's just not the same when one of our early trucks gets hurt. If my modern stuff gets hit it goes to the body shop. When my old truck gets hit I want to fix it and it becomes one more thing I have to take care of.

In defense of young drivers, I cut a kid more slack for such a mistake due to inexperience than the plethora of well seasoned adult drivers who do the same thing as their regular way to drive. They stop, then decide their odds on you being able to stop for them pulling out. If they figure you can stop they go. WRONG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygmctruck1 View Post
The kid needs a good kick in the ass and then have his drivers license taken away .
I assume you have never committed a moving violation, never overlooked a road sign, and were an expert driver the minute you were handed your license.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #12
mygmctruck1

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That sucks! It's just not the same when one of our early trucks gets hurt. If my modern stuff gets hit it goes to the body shop. When my old truck gets hit I want to fix it and it becomes one more thing I have to take care of.

In defense of young drivers, I cut a kid more slack for such a mistake due to inexperience than the plethora of well seasoned adult drivers who do the same thing as their regular way to drive. They stop, then decide their odds on you being able to stop for them pulling out. If they figure you can stop they go. WRONG!

I assume you have never committed a moving violation, never overlooked a road sign, and were an expert driver the minute you were handed your license.
Actualy never been in an accident or ran a stop sign . Moving violation yes but that’s just a bit different than running stop sign. Besides my dad & the drivers training instructor drummed it into out heads about stop and yield signs. My dad pushed hard on defensive driving . And we did not have all these distractions when I was a teen , iPads , phones , ear phones . Kids are way to easily distracted now days . Rear end collisions and running stop signs are pretty common now days and guess what , mostly young people . I live in a college-town . And by the way I had my Drivers lic at 15 because family issues.

Last edited by mygmctruck1; 10-06-2019 at 08:44 AM.
mygmctruck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #13
Rickysnickers

Quote:
Sorry about your truck. However, to the boot comment, despite the officer being there, the kid should have gotten it anyway!
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #14
factorystock

Quote:
Your right, its a lot different when an older vehicle gets hit. Especially when NOS parts are no longer available from GM. Besides that, there one more thing to consider. What happens when an excellent original factory applied paint truck gets into a fender bender? As an example, one of members JoesJunk type of trucks. Its value to collectors plumments! Its only original once! It can never be whole again, no body shop can bring it back to former self. As time and life goes on, these types trucks really need to be protected in a fault. Trucks that have already been rebuilt and repainted can always be rebuilt and repainted again, nobody will know the difference.

Last edited by factorystock; 10-06-2019 at 12:47 PM.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #15
HO455
Post Whore

I feel your pain sir. Went through it last summer. I hope things get settled in your favor. If you were closer I could help with parts.
Good luck!
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:43 PM   #16
firedemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
That's the main thing. I had a friend that got hit under similar circumstances on his Harley a couple of months ago. He didn't survive.
sorry for your loss . I know first hand bikes are a whole diffrent world a few years ago I was t boned by a kid in a fast and furious wanna be type car texting ran a stop almost took my leg off spent some time wondering if I was going to make it
Old 10-06-2019, 02:56 PM   #17
firedemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I feel your pain sir. Went through it last summer. I hope things get settled in your favor. If you were closer I could help with parts.
Good luck!
thanks I wish you lived closer too not lots of parts here in the rust capital of the world everything seems to have to be shipped from the sunny places and they want so much more to ship . I have checked around a 200 fender is like 100 to 150 shipped that's like paying double for everything
Old 10-06-2019, 03:11 PM   #18
firedemon

got a chance to look today its not real bad not good but not real bad . it looks like a new fender for sure I might be able to save the grill have to wait and see when I get the bumper off . the core support is bent and torn where the headlight mounts . the hood is bent probably be easier to just replace . the filler panel on the bottom of the support between the grill and support is wrinkled bad . the brake rod that goes between the pedal and the booster is bent in the shape of an S from me standing on em and all my weight slamming foreword on the sudden stop , and its pulling the pedal enough off the switch to keep the lights lit going to have to fix that first so I can move it around and not kill the battery . inner fender is bent where it bolts to the radiator support . the frame looks good and the new power steering box and lines look ok but ill have to check the frame before it goes too far . if theres any damage at all to the frame ill look for a short bed either way it will get fixed
Old 10-06-2019, 08:32 PM   #19
2 Stovebolts

Should be real interesting with the Insurance company....Where are you in NY? might know someone for parts....
2 Stovebolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:50 PM   #20
firedemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stovebolts View Post
Should be real interesting with the Insurance company....Where are you in NY? might know someone for parts....
rome
Old 10-12-2019, 02:58 PM   #21
2 Stovebolts

Ah....parts are downstate...
Old 10-13-2019, 12:02 PM   #22
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:

Very well said Tim, chaps my butt to constantly hear about young drivers this, young drivers that, blah . Yes we are not all top notch expert drivers at age 16 but I will be honest and say, it stems from up bringing as always.

I see the same people in their 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's that cannot drive any better now than they could when they were 16. Driving to me is a passion, I have a better feel for the vehicle I am driving because I have more interest in that vehicle.

I wonder if we do a survey, how many people treat their daily driver with passion or is it just 4 wheels and a seat to get from place to place.

Yes it does suck when our classics get crunched, good that most can tell stories about it, some can't. It just kills me to see the instant blame on young people when the older people cannot do any better.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #23
2 Stovebolts

Interested in hearing on how you made out with the Insurance Co....I retired from a major carrier life long career....might have some tips for you.....You can PM if needed.....
Old 10-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #24
firedemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stovebolts View Post
Interested in hearing on how you made out with the Insurance Co....I retired from a major carrier life long career....might have some tips for you.....You can PM if needed.....
ill make out ok my friend owns a body shop and knows most of the adjusters but thanks for the offer I really do appreciate it