The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2004, 04:48 PM   #1
n737nc

Control arm question...

I am going to rebuild my suspension on my 72 C10. Going to be getting everything from Early Classic.

Is there anyone that sells tubular upper and lower control arms for coil spring? Or chould I just have my stock ones powder coated?

Thanks,
Nick
n737nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

DJM sells 3 " dropped arms(also uppers).. http://www.djmsuspension.com/
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

I'd have yours powder-coated. I have the ECE stuff on my truck. Dropped spindles, with stock height springs. Put in all new ball joints, control arm shafts and bushings, etc. I really like the way it rides and drives. The Disc brake conversion was more than worth the cost. It just gets better and better every time I drive it, and it's been almost 3 years since I had it done.

Tubular control arms would be trick, though. But, you'd probably want them made from stainless steel, or powder coated. Chroming (I think) can make the metal become brittle, or so I've heard. That may be an old fairy tale, but somewhere, I've read that relative to some accident that someone had with an older street rod.

You know if you start powder coating some pieces, you're gonna end up wanting to have the entire chassis powder coated, don't you?

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote