The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
jimmydean

Question about some wires under my hood.

So I was cleaning up the driver side of my engine compartment and noticed a bunch of crap mounted to the radiator support.

My questions are as follows:

1) I am tossing the generator for an alternator. I noticed 2 regulators, one old (original I am guessing) and a newish one that was plugged in. Following the alternator write up, I connected 2 wires together and terminated one. That gets rid of the regulator. But there is a small box (a fuse?) that has a red wire run in and out, but also has a black with white stripe wire on it. Nowhere in the wire diagram do I see the little box (about 1.5" x .5" rectangle looks to be ceramic) nor do I see the black/white wire.

What is the little box and what is the black/white wire for? Do I need either one?

2) Is anyone running an electric fan in place of the stock fan? My motor is a mostly stock 327. Trying to clean up that area and thought it was a good idea, but I don't see anyone else running them except the LS guys.

If you are running an electric fan, can you give me the specs and post up pictures? Thanks.
Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote