The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
shawley

Some questions regarding bagging a 69' C10

Right now I'm in the process of doing a bunch of work to my 69' C10, just installing the CPP bolt in C-notch and I will be welding and boxing it in too. I've also got the rear drop member and a bunch of other goodies from CPP And I have a full Accuair E-level setup with backs and mounts for it on its way in the mail right now.

I tried to search the forum for these answers and found various answers and figured I would ask and see what you guys have to say, thanks in advance everyone!!!

But some questions I had were, how low is it going to sit on 18's or 20's?

What size of rear wheel/tire can I run with the factory wheel tubs? Same with fronts?

Do I need shock relocation mounts for the shocks? He has Ridetech shocks coming for me with my Accuair set up? I was told that I can use the factory mounts with these Ridetech shocks.

Thanks guys!

This is the truck

Load of parts for it

shawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
Pro Performance

Re: Some questions regarding bagging a 69' C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawley View Post
Right now I'm in the process of doing a bunch of work to my 69' C10, just installing the CPP bolt in C-notch and I will be welding and boxing it in too. I've also got the rear drop member and a bunch of other goodies from CPP And I have a full Accuair E-level setup with backs and mounts for it on its way in the mail right now.

I tried to search the forum for these answers and found various answers and figured I would ask and see what you guys have to say, thanks in advance everyone!!!

But some questions I had were, how low is it going to sit on 18's or 20's?

What size of rear wheel/tire can I run with the factory wheel tubs? Same with fronts?
What diameter did you have in mind? You can run a 8.5 up front and a 10" in the back. The tire seize will depend on what diameter you are looking to go with.

Quote:

Do I need shock relocation mounts for the shocks? He has Ridetech shocks coming for me with my Accuair set up? I was told that I can use the factory mounts with these Ridetech shocks.
If bagging the front on a stock crossmember, the front shock will limit how low you can go. It will end up bottoming out before the suspension. A Porterbuilt shock relocator will solve this, by moving the mount up higher.

Quote:

Thanks guys!

This is the truck
Truck looks great! Look forward to seeing some final picture after your done.
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #3
shawley

Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty certain I'm going to run 20's all the way around, I like the Coys but still deciding what wheel to go with. As I still have to order in and do my out conversion too.

For the shock mount relocation, that's great info! However will I need anytbing in the back or will the rear shock mounts work?

Thanks! Once I get a bit more work going I'll post a build thread, I'm working on it up here in Canada in a detached unheated garage!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
Pro Performance

Yes, that has got to be cold!

You mentioned you purchased the drop member.... the Porterbuilt rear system, correct? If so, then it will have the correct shocks mounts. If not the PB drop member system, what components did you go with?

- Travis
Old 12-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
shawley

Sorry I might have used the wrong word there, maybe it's called the Center cross member?? This here

So I know that has no other mounts for the shocks on there, so I'm assuming i should be ordering some shock relocate mounts.

Sorry I'm so used to building imports and drift cars, it's my first Classic build, and build with air
Old 12-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #6
Mikeeal33

With those notches and a 27.1" tall tire, there's atleast 1-1.5" clearance between the tire and factory wheel tubs when aired out, HEIGHT-WISE, but, your differential is going to hit the bed before that.

Yes you are gonna want to relocate the shock mounts.

What all are you doing to the front?
Old 12-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
Pro Performance

Quote:
Sorry I might have used the wrong word there, maybe it's called the Center cross member?? This here

So I know that has no other mounts for the shocks on there, so I'm assuming i should be ordering some shock relocate mounts.

Sorry I'm so used to building imports and drift cars, it's my first Classic build, and build with air
No problem at all... yep, that will be the trailing arm crossmember. If bagging the rear, it would be good to go with shock relocators and an adjustable trac bar as well. Welcome to the forum, and a ton of good info here.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #8
shawley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
No problem at all... yep, that will be the trailing arm crossmember. If bagging the rear, it would be good to go with shock relocators and an adjustable trac bar as well. Welcome to the forum, and a ton of good info here.
Thanks! That will be on my next order or parts I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeeal33 View Post
With those notches and a 27.1" tall tire, there's atleast 1-1.5" clearance between the tire and factory wheel tubs when aired out, HEIGHT-WISE, but, your differential is going to hit the bed before that.

Yes you are gonna want to relocate the shock mounts.

What all are you doing to the front?

Thanks, ya I figured the diff was gonna hit the bed for sure when it's laid out. We will make something work for that for sure.

On the front I'm going with some AirLift bags and just mounts/cups on the factory control arms, and I will be doing 2' drop spindles with the 5 lug conversion, when I get around to ordering all that.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
Mikeeal33

Nice, that's very similar to my setup height wise.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
shawley

Quote:
Nice, that's very similar to my setup height wise.
Nice build! I just went through your thread.

Did you notch out your bed floor? I dunno if I missed that or didn't get to that yet?
Old 12-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #11
68is4me

I am also running really close to the same thing. ECE crossmember, ECE rear shock relocation kit, ECE adjustable track bar, CPP notch kit, stock control arms, and the front shock mounts are stock. Accuair system almost installed.

Tires are 17 front and 18 rear not sure what the tire height was.

My goal was not to lay frame put get it low as possible on stock stuff and still have a good ride
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
68is4me

doh!! forget the pics
Attached Images

68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #13
Mikeeal33

Quote:
Did you notch out your bed floor? I dunno if I missed that or didn't get to that yet?
I did, but just barely what I had to. The hole is shaped similar to an oval, about 8" long. There's a cross brace underneath that has to get notched too. I didn't elaborate on it in my thread, but I'll snap a pic for you tomorrow if you'd like.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #14
shawley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68is4me View Post
doh!! forget the pics
Awesome! Thanks, that frame looks awesome. Yea I'm not going for laying frame either, just want something that is more of a driver, and to take on road trips and things like that for sure. I'm also adding a hidden hitch so if there's any small toys I wanna haul I can, but I've gotta box the c-notch first before I go ahead with that.

Quote:
I did, but just barely what I had to. The hole is shaped similar to an oval, about 8" long. There's a cross brace underneath that has to get notched too. I didn't elaborate on it in my thread, but I'll snap a pic for you tomorrow if you'd like.
Yea that would be awesome to see that pics for sure!
Old 12-24-2014, 01:33 AM   #15
Badger69

Just a quick photo for your reference...

I have all the original front inner fender wells and have not cut my bed. I have the original control arms in front and used the porterbuilt c-notch with all the trimmings.

Running a 20x8 with 245/45 in front and 20x9 with 285/50 in the rear.

All four corners touch the wheel wells when aired out.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #16
Bentlee

Do any of you know the part number and brand of air bags your running?
Bentlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:38 AM   #17
Pro Performance

A good all around bag to use for these trucks, is the Air Lift D2600. Some suspension systems will use a sleeve bag in the rear form Firestone. Just all depends on how your suspension is setup.

http://www.azproperformance.com/AirL...2600-2600.html