The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
joedoh

TF big truck/little truck interchange

I am looking at a 55 4400 and will be using it as a basis for a 1/2 ton build with a new bed and frame. I know on the AD stuff the 1 1/2 ton trucks have longer and wider front ends and I can see that this one definitely has larger wheel openings, but I have the chance to make a good deal by taking only what I want (mostly the cab and doors) and leave the rest for him to sell/scrap

what interchanges? headlight buckets? hood? hood hinges? what parts will I want to be sure to take and what can I leave behind? is the VIN on the frame somewhere? He has a title, and I wouldnt want someone to put the frame back on the road (ship of thesus)

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:19 AM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: TF big truck/little truck interchange

I think on the 4100 and 4400 the fender would fit but have a much larger wheel opening. cab would , Hood maybe if the fenders work. The grill is not interchangeable between 3000 and 4000 series truck I do know that. My only concern would be rad support mounts. But they do look to be similar just don't knw about location, All this should be in the assembly manual as far as measurements and mount points.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote