The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2020, 07:52 AM   #2326
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I don't know what the world is coming to. I had to work two days this week. I didn't like it any better than I did when I worked every day.
You have to watch what you say on Facetruck about your job. Bosses are known for checking employee accounts and firing them for saying the wrong thing.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #2327
davischevy

Remember Tim, I quit and they came into my happy place and recruited me. It's too wet to haul now, and I have suggested they use this time to find a loader operator.

Kingsolver, I don't envy the crew we have in Northwest Arkansas. They are digging a 16x16X27 foot deep hole. It has to be shored of course, but 27' is a long way when your looking up out of a hole. I'll try to get pictures of that one.

Tigger, I ain't smart at all. I am just so lazy, I figure out how to get out of work.

My observation is, restoring trucks is a lot easier than remodeling houses.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:21 PM   #2328
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Kingsolver, I don't envy the crew we have in Northwest Arkansas. They are digging a 16x16X27 foot deep hole. It has to be shored of course, but 27' is a long way when your looking up out of a hole. I'll try to get pictures of that one.
That has piqued my curiousity. Wondering what they’re building?
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:50 PM   #2329
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
That has piqued my curiousity. Wondering what they’re building?
Sewer lift station. It don't sound too appealing, but they are interesting and complicated, and then they cover the whole thing up with poop.

These are the pits of a treatment plant we finished over on NE Arkansas a while back.
Attached Images

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #2330
davischevy

Kingsolver, this is a hole they dug in Springfield a while back. I finally go them to stop digging.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #2331
kingsolver72
10/30/19

I guess that’ll be deep enough. Glad someone is taking care of business.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:07 AM   #2332
davischevy

While I was digging through my files, I ran onto this picture. This was my first dump truck. A friend of mine still has it. I traded it for a 71 Cheyenne Super. We hauled thousands of yards of dirt on that old thing.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2020, 10:36 AM   #2333
special-K
Special Order

The ole money-maker that started it all. You done good Jethro.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-18-2020, 11:07 AM   #2334
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quite an adventure with work you have been on Larry.. running them track hoes has gotta be fun ,,at least for awhile.. I ran a back hoe with a concrete breaker on it for a week once ,, I think I still vibrate.. it was more fun using the back hoe changing the place I lived on rather than so much working it for a living .

Are you moving out of Harrison ? and if so what rural out of town place ya going ? if you dont mind telling .. Maybe I been there..
Old 01-18-2020, 08:07 PM   #2335
davischevy

I won't ever leave Harrison Larry. I have lived lots of other places, but this is where I belong. It's in the center of everything, with little traffic, relatively low crime, plenty of entertainment, both commercial and outdoors, and good healthcare close by.

The kids I mentioned live on the north side of town in the country. They live about two hundred yards north of where we lived when that girl was baby 40 years ago.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #2336
davischevy

I just toted 21 boxes of hardwood flooring from my truck into the house. They are 70 lbs per box and now my tail is dragging.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:42 PM   #2337
special-K
Special Order

I knew you'd be moving to another 'part of' Harrison, not away, but it was for you to answer. So far, it's me and Kingsolver moving there, too!

That's just shy of 3/4 of a ton you hauled in Hardwood. I always figure it that way when I haul 80# bags of concrete mix. Me: "I hauled a ton of concrete today". Very interested party: "Really?? How did you manage to carry such a heavy load?". Me: "80# x 25"

Tim

Old 01-18-2020, 08:50 PM   #2338
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I knew you'd be moving to another 'part of' Harrison, not away, but it was for you to answer. So far, it's me and Kingsolver moving there, too!

That's just shy of 3/4 of a ton you hauled in Hardwood. I always figure it that way when I haul 80# bags of concrete mix. Me: "I hauled a ton of concrete today". Very interested party: "Really?? How did you manage to carry such a heavy load?". Me: "80# x 25"
Quote:

Stuttering....again?

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 09:27 PM   #2339
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
I just toted 21 boxes of hardwood flooring from my truck into the house. They are 70 lbs per box and now my tail is dragging.
Sounds like you’ve been “hangin and bangin” like Hulk Hogan.
Workin those pythons.
My back is killin me just thinking about it.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:16 PM   #2340
72 tigger

Quote:
Good workout,I know you’re not going to be down on the floor laying it, so at least your part of the flooring is done
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 06:14 AM   #2341
special-K
Special Order

Those were some hefty flooring packs @ 70#. That's a bit much to be slinging up on your shoulder, which is my preferred way to carry heavy stuff. Lugging at the waste sucks, especially through doorways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Stuttering....again?
I don't know what is causing this annoyance. My post before the last one I noticed it took extra long for it to post, but I waited and didn't hit the button twice. I checked and only one post. I left the thread and came back later, still just one post. Then I do the last post, notice it was taking a long time to post again, and went to fix supper. I come back and I have duplicate posts. It's nothing I'm doing and it's only this thread. It's not my computer because this is a different one. Plus, it happens to Dale sometimes, too. Weird, but I like this thread enough to keep coming back. I'm a love/hate guy when it comes to computers and internet. This plays on my hate side. Good thing I'm a look past it/get over it guy, too.

Tim

Old 01-19-2020, 11:33 AM   #2342
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Those were some hefty flooring packs @ 70#. That's a bit much to be slinging up on your shoulder, which is my preferred way to carry heavy stuff. Lugging at the waste sucks, especially through doorways.

I don't know what is causing this annoyance. My post before the last one I noticed it took extra long for it to post, but I waited and didn't hit the button twice. I checked and only one post. I left the thread and came back later, still just one post. Then I do the last post, notice it was taking a long time to post again, and went to fix supper. I come back and I have duplicate posts. It's nothing I'm doing and it's only this thread. It's not my computer because this is a different one. Plus, it happens to Dale sometimes, too. Weird, but I like this thread enough to keep coming back. I'm a love/hate guy when it comes to computers and internet. This plays on my hate side. Good thing I'm a look past it/get over it guy, too.
Yup, it happens to me too. I haven't figured it out......

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #2343
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

You guys are on opposite sides of the continent, too. Maybe you have the same kind of phones? Do you have to hit the "Post Reply" button more than once to get the window to open? Some of the stuff bears repeating, but I'm just curious.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #2344
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Good workout,I know you’re not going to be down on the floor laying it, so at least your part of the flooring is done
Kingsolver will appreciate this one.

I called the 60 year old hardwood floor installer, and he was moaning and groaning.

I said "Did you get hurt."

Him. "Nope, just 35 years of crawling around on my hands and knees."

Old 01-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #2345
special-K
Special Order

Quote:

I called the 60 year old hardwood floor installer, and he was moaning and groaning.

How about you? Feelin' yesterday today? I'm a moaner and groaner a lot of days. Actually, last night I went to bed with a sore back and I didn't do any work the past two days. I think it was falling asleep sitting on the couch Friday night. It bothers me a lot when I stand around talking a while. I feel best when moving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
You guys are on opposite sides of the continent, too. Maybe you have the same kind of phones? Do you have to hit the "Post Reply" button more than once to get the window to open? Some of the stuff bears repeating, but I'm just curious.
I don't use my phone and this is a new laptop. I only tapped the button once but it did take an obviously longer time to post. I noticed that the post before last and checked to see if it double posted... nope. Then I came back a bit later... nope. Then last evening on my last post it was slow so I walked away to do something. It was when I came back to it I saw posts asking if I'm studdering again and knew it had happened. It has nothing to do with what I am doing or my equipment. It has never happened on any other thread, either.

Tim

Old 01-19-2020, 03:23 PM   #2346
davischevy

Hard to believe, but I'm not suffering at all from carrying the flooring.

Old 01-19-2020, 03:53 PM   #2347
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:

He’s got 3 years on me.
A few weeks ago as I was going out to my van and a customer asked if I was ok. I thought to myself that’s an odd question then it dawned on me I must’ve even moaning getting up. I didn’t think I was straining or struggling.
I’ve heard other installers moan but didn’t even think that would be me one day.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #2348
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
I feel best when moving.
This sums it up for me too.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:58 PM   #2349
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Quote:
Hard to believe, but I'm not suffering at all from carrying the flooring.
I think that the reason you’re not sore is because of the jogging trails you’ve been avoiding.

Lately I’ve been avoiding them too.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:53 AM   #2350
special-K
Special Order

That's great to hear. I never know. I'll go into doing some things I know I'll be paying for later and never feel a thing. Then, just like the last couple days, I'll be sore from I don't know what because I didn't do any real work. Sat funny or something. I chop firewood with a splitting maul and that has never bothered me, that I can recall. Now, use a chain saw and my back is tightening up by the third cut, and I know what's coming. But not always

I realize now I grunt and moan like my dad used to. I don't know if he had back or joint problems or not. That generation of man didn't talk about their problems. I even asked my mom if dad had back or joint problems since I'm doing the same thing because of mine. Her answer was "I don't know". Married over 50 years and she couldn't say. I sure miss my dad.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 01-20-2020 at 08:05 AM.