The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2002, 04:18 PM   #1
jiggs
poker face

eibach springs

Anone using them? Are they better than other brands? I want the best handling I can get. Obviously shocks and sway bars play a big role as well, but I am buying springs right now.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:49 PM   #2
MikeB

www.earlyclassic.com Old Chevy truck suspension is their specialty.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 08:40 PM   #3
jjk3
It's just a check engine lamp.

What type of springs are you going to use (i.e. stock, dropped)? I haven't heard much about Eibach other than on imports and sports cars. I would go with a company that deals with old chevy suspensions, like MikeB said. Companies like early classic have tried and true springs for old trucks.

68 SWB Stepside 250 L6/3 on the floor/ Hedman headers, HEI, MSD 6A box, K&N filter, Offy intake and Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel
Soon to have: WC T-5 five speed
66 SWB Stepside-undergoing restoration
jjk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 11:40 PM   #4
jiggs
poker face

Eibach makes performance springs for just about any vehicle (as long as it is decently popular). I have been to Early Classics web site and thought about their springs. The question I have is, are they replacement springs of the same rate as original, or are they progressive performance springs like the Eibachs? I don't just want to drop my truck, I want it to handle. The progressive spring seems like the way to go.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:38 AM   #5
carrierpigeon

Thumbs up

I have had some experience with Eibach, they build alot of stuff for early Camaro G-cars, for handling through the cones on a flat road course. They are quality! They are the real deal, not just someone who slaps their name on a coil spring that fits. They engineer their products to match the vehicle and you pay a premium for that, but from your post, it sounds like that is what you are interested in for your application.
carrierpigeon is offline   Reply With Quote