The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #176
James the III

Re: RideTech's New C10 CoilOver Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase@ridetech View Post
You can but you will have to modify the end links.
So you can't as the front sway bar end links are the lower a arms..
James the III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:05 PM   #177
MCB Matt

Hello, I have to apologize as Ridetech has known this issue comes up and they have had no issue with customers modifying the brace. I had no knowledge of this until today. I just talked with Ridetech and I am waiting to find out if they plan to do a different one for the wood bed trucks.

I will update you all once I know.

Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com
Email: forums@mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
MCB Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:04 PM   #178
JohnJ@RideTech

Sorry for the slow response. We do make a spacer that allows you to install the cross member without having to modify it. If you guys are needing some, just send me a PM on here and we can get you squared away. Sorry for the confusion on that. Sometimes we forget to ask when a customer calls in to see what type of bed floor they have.
Office: 812-482-2932
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Instagram: @ridetech_john
JohnJ@RideTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #179
MCB Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ@RideTech View Post
Sorry for the slow response. We do make a spacer that allows you to install the cross member without having to modify it. If you guys are needing some, just send me a PM on here and we can get you squared away. Sorry for the confusion on that. Sometimes we forget to ask when a customer calls in to see what type of bed floor they have.
Thank you for the clarification John! Ridetech always has the answer!
MCB
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 04-04-2017, 10:39 PM   #180
YoungPup1977
Account Suspended

Can I apply this to my 1972 blazer....I am converting from 4x4 to 2wd. Any way i can just buy the rear "upper" shock cross member ? I believe CPP sells them.
YoungPup1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:47 PM   #181
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPup1977 View Post
Can I apply this to my 1972 blazer....I am converting from 4x4 to 2wd. Any way i can just buy the rear "upper" shock cross member ? I believe CPP sells them.
Possibly. I do know there are a few components that are compatible from one vehicle to the next but you may want to check spring rates and see if they vary from one vehicle to the next. We have multiple spring rates available to us as well as a spring rate calculator to help us configure exactly what you need. Most of the pieces in the kits are available for individual purchase.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions about any of the products in our coil over or StreetGrip kits. I have included a link below to both, check them out and let me know what you think.

71-71 Coil Over: http://www.ridetech.com/store/product-3297.html

63-72 StreetGrip: http://www.ridetech.com/store/1963-1...ip-system.html
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 04-28-2017, 03:24 PM   #182
MCB Matt

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get the notification when you asked about the Blazer. The 4 link kit Ridetech offers will not work as a bolt in. I can and has been installed by many but you will need to modify it quite a bit.

MCB
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Old 05-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #183
YoungPup1977
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ@RideTech View Post
Possibly. I do know there are a few components that are compatible from one vehicle to the next but you may want to check spring rates and see if they vary from one vehicle to the next. We have multiple spring rates available to us as well as a spring rate calculator to help us configure exactly what you need. Most of the pieces in the kits are available for individual purchase.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions about any of the products in our coil over or StreetGrip kits. I have included a link below to both, check them out and let me know what you think.

71-71 Coil Over: http://www.ridetech.com/store/product-3297.html

63-72 StreetGrip: http://www.ridetech.com/store/1963-1...ip-system.html
The links you provided are for C10's and nothing for blazers....I dont really want to buy c10 stuff and cut it up to fit a blazer. The blazer frame is a bit narrower than a c10. Maybe its time for me to build a kit and start selling it for the blazer....
YoungPup1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #184
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPup1977 View Post
The links you provided are for C10's and nothing for blazers....I dont really want to buy c10 stuff and cut it up to fit a blazer. The blazer frame is a bit narrower than a c10. Maybe its time for me to build a kit and start selling it for the blazer....
You are correct. From what I understand, some parts are interchangeable from the C10 to the Blazer but we have never exchanged any of the pieces from one to the other here in house.
I love the way a dropped blazer looks, you will have something different when you get done. Let me know if I can be of any help.
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 AM   #185
Cbo

What the difference between CPP's "modular" drop spindles and their "new and improved" drop spindles? Can either be used with this coilover kit?
Cbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #186
JohnJ@RideTech

I am not informed on their "new and improved" spindle. We have utilized the modular spindle multiple times and have had great luck out of it. The CPP casting is top notch, just make sure you specify the correct year when ordering.
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 10-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #187
Rufas

1963-1972 Chevy C10 - Rear StrongArm System Driveshaft issues

I have installed the Rear StrongArm System on my 1970 GMC LWB. I confirmed before the purchase that the system would work on a long bed truck. Everything bolted in without issues and appears to be of good quality. I'm using the ShockWave shocks with this system.

But I'm having a major issue with the driveshaft. When the suspension is unloaded, ie fully extended, the driveshaft hits the bottom of the center cross member. There is not any provision to run the split drive shaft with the center hung bearing that is used from the factory. I've had a one piece driveshaft made locally. The shop that made the driveshaft did not make it using a 3 inch shaft because of length. The driveshaft was made with 3.5 tubing.

I've talked to RideTech about this and they said they do not not offer any mods to the center cross member, nor any suggestion on how to modified it and were no help on how to mount a center drive shaft bearing. I was hoping for a little more customer support on this. I'm fairly good at wrenching, but welding and re-engineering suspension are not my strong points.

So at this point I'm at a loss on how to proceed with this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

350 SBC 300hp
Weiand Supercharger
FiTech EFI
Rufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #188
Trackman101

Ridetech still hasn't addressed the wood floor conflict either. They don't seem to care. Put some limited straps on the suspension to control the extension.
Posted via Mobile Device
Trackman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:38 PM   #189
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman101 View Post
Ridetech still hasn't addressed the wood floor conflict either. They don't seem to care. Put some limited straps on the suspension to control the extension.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's a subjective statement. They possibly could be working toward a solution. Obviously they have been pushing forward w/a 73-87 version so possibly their R&D/engineering group have been refocused & spread thin.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #190
aod92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman101 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
If you call ridetech they'll send you spacers that mount between the frame and the cross member. That's what I did and I no longer have problems.
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:19 PM   #191
Rufas

Quote:
Originally Posted by aod92 View Post
If you call ridetech they'll send you spacers that mount between the frame and the cross member. That's what I did and I no longer have problems.
Spacers? Could you explain?
350 SBC 300hp
Weiand Supercharger
FiTech EFI
Rufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #192
JohnJ@RideTech

Re: 1963-1972 Chevy C10 - Rear StrongArm System Driveshaft issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufas View Post
I have installed the Rear StrongArm System on my 1970 GMC LWB. I confirmed before the purchase that the system would work on a long bed truck. Everything bolted in without issues and appears to be of good quality. I'm using the ShockWave shocks with this system.

But I'm having a major issue with the driveshaft. When the suspension is unloaded, ie fully extended, the driveshaft hits the bottom of the center cross member. There is not any provision to run the split drive shaft with the center hung bearing that is used from the factory. I've had a one piece driveshaft made locally. The shop that made the driveshaft did not make it using a 3 inch shaft because of length. The driveshaft was made with 3.5 tubing.

I've talked to RideTech about this and they said they do not not offer any mods to the center cross member, nor any suggestion on how to modified it and were no help on how to mount a center drive shaft bearing. I was hoping for a little more customer support on this. I'm fairly good at wrenching, but welding and re-engineering suspension are not my strong points.

So at this point I'm at a loss on how to proceed with this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, sorry for the slow response. I have been out of the office a couple of days last week and am just now getting around to following up. I apologize for the inconvenience.
In regards to the one piece driveshaft on the long bed. I have had customer install a carrier bearing to the cross member before to utilize a 2 pc drive shaft, but this is the first time I have ran across a 1 pc drive shaft conversion. Your installation looks great, everything appears to be nice and clean, I really like the way it is coming along.

Be careful driving with the Shockwave fully extended, this will cause the shock to "top out" and potentially destroy it. Shockwaves should only be fully inflated for brief periods of time such as entering driveways, clearing obstacles in the road etc. They are not designed to be driven on fully inflated. The best solution would be to modify the center cross member with a drop in the tubing to accommodate the driveshaft, the second would be to add a limiting strap to keep it from extending fully or pay attention to your air pressures so that the interference is not encountered.

I wish I had a more technical answer for you but unfortunately we've never encountered that problem before. Feel free to contact me direct, Ill be more than happy to help you out in any way that I can 812-481-4737.
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 10-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #193
JohnJ@RideTech

[QUOTE=Trackman101;8070433]Ridetech still hasn't addressed the wood floor conflict either. They don't seem to care. Put some limited straps on the suspension to control the extension.
Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE

I'm sorry that you had interference issues with your wooden bed floor. We have actually had spacers to fix this issue since the kits release but unfortunately the sales reps sometimes forget to ask which bed floor the customer has (especially when kits are not purchased directly through us).
I apologize for the trouble it has caused you. As mentioned above, feel free to contact me directly and I will gladly send you some spacers at no charge to get you squared away. 812-481-4737
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 10-30-2017, 10:59 AM   #194
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
That's a subjective statement. They possibly could be working toward a solution. Obviously they have been pushing forward w/a 73-87 version so possibly their R&D/engineering group have been refocused & spread thin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aod92 View Post
Thanks guys. If anyone ever has any issues regarding our products just have them get ahold of me. I'm on here to help.
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 10-31-2017, 04:07 PM   #195
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufas View Post

Beyond the info that John from Ride Tech provided, I bet a plate could be fabbed up that utilizes the front T/A anchoring points (@ the rear portion of the x-member) plus a couple new holes drilled (@ the leading portion of the x-member) so that it's secured fore & aft. Then you could simply bolt the carrier bearing to that plate.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #196
JohnJ@RideTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Beyond the info that John from Ride Tech provided, I bet a plate could be fabbed up that utilizes the front T/A anchoring points (@ the rear portion of the x-member) plus a couple new holes drilled (@ the leading portion of the x-member) so that it's secured fore & aft. Then you could simply bolt the carrier bearing to that plate.
Good idea.
JJohnson@ridetech.com
Old 12-13-2018, 01:08 AM   #197
Pitufina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1985 View Post
I have the level 2 on my 67. Total night and day difference. It rides and handles great. My question is has anyone successfully put a rack and pinion with this setup? My only concern would be clearance with the sway bar and possibly ground clearance?
I have a 67 c10 as well with ridetech coilover kit c notch do you have wood floor? If yes did you put any spacers to the coilover relocation bracket?
Posted via Mobile Device
Pitufina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 01:11 AM   #198
Pitufina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMIKEATRIDETECH View Post

Bought full front and back

I have wood bed and had trouble with the relocation bracket of the coilover touching the wood floor anything i need to do to fix the problem
Posted via Mobile Device
Pitufina is offline   Reply With Quote