The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2019, 12:53 PM   #2126
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Nice way to reunite. I always take a decompression day after any trip. after Carlisle vending I may take a few.

Those storms were seriously localized. Like the one that afternoon that seemed to come out of nowhere, develop overhead, then sit and build, leaving the surrounding areas blue sky sunny. I think the evening one might have been volatile when it hit, while we were eating. Also the Suburban sits up against that circus tent. But I also had tarps just draped over tables and they stayed put. That's the second time in recent years I've left to eat, casually covering up my stuff, and having a storm pop up. Maybe one day I'll learn. Either that or I already know better but the IDGAF attitude kicks in when I'm there

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:03 PM   #2127
davischevy

WE drove up to the swap meet at Springfield, MO this morning, and the clouds started building in the north. The rain hit before we got there, so we got out the ponchos (trash bags) and hit the meet. It sucked because most everything was under tarps. I bought a 71 Quadrajet so it wasn't a complete wash.

I got to socialize with guys I don't see often and had some good Mexican food so I'm happy.

My wife got her car back from the Chevy store after some warranty work so Mama'a happy too.
Attached Images

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:19 PM   #2128
davischevy

I go up to visit my parents once in a while. My mother passed last February and my dad 7 years ago.

I take my bicycle with me and ride because there are about a mile and a half of paved lanes. and the Maple trees are on about a 50 foot grid and there is always a breeze on top of that hill.

As I ride I observe the headstones and think about the people and history they represent. My family on both sides has been here for 150 years so a lot of the names are familiar, even if I didn't know the person I have heard their story.

Some of them went through life without ruffling many feathers and others have reputations, good and bad. No matter how important they thought they were, they, their body at least, ended up in the same place.

I could go on about hundreds of them, but one stood out.

I never knew of him helping anybody but himself.

Guess who has the biggest stone in the cemetery?
Attached Images

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #2129
Boog
laying low

I am in Rayne, La right now. Our daughter and roomy bought a house here. The girls had help loading the Penske truck and 3 of our trucks and we all caravanned down here yesterday and began unloading when we arrived. Man was it hot. No breeze. It got the best of me. I was down for the count. We found a hotel room at 10 pm. Every time she moves I tell her no more for this old man. But she’s my daughter and if/when she calls again I will of course help her. I’m just not as good helping as I once was. The wife and I will be back on the road in a few hours hopefully.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:59 PM   #2130
davischevy

I hope you made It home Boog. I know what you mean about the "get up and go" being gone.

The last time my daughter at Conway moved, I was more than happy to let them hire somebody.

I went out and helped the kids here today, and I'm dragging.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:20 AM   #2131
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

You guys have "get up and go"? Mine has got up and went.......

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #2132
special-K
Special Order

I must have overlooked these posts till now. Starting with the swap meet. Ones like your experience may just be some of the best. It started snowing on my way to Spring Carlisle years ago and I kept on going. Going over the mountains I got to a state trooper blocking the way up. This is all fruit orchard country. I made a left and figured a right and a right would get me back on tract eventually. Snow got to a foot deep out there! More to the story, but made it to swap meet, same thing but a few inches of snow and melt water running everywhere. For those who went it was an adventure to remember. I made a good haul that day. Some of my best times have been when conditions were iffy, I went on ahead, and had a great time... more memorable.

Sweet "car". They have to be the nicest vehicles out today.

That sounds like a wonderful cemetery, or memorial park. A well thought out site chosen. And a perfect peaceful plus to peddle through. Funny how the whole "lineage" thing has meant more and more to me with each passing year. Funny how with age we get more "keen" on things in general. It's that older wiser thing I guess. Now what was that other thing I wanted to say? Oh well...
Hey! Keen and memory are two different things. I still have that thing I was thinking very vividly somewhere

Gawd do I hate moving. I moved my daughter quite a bit when she was single. I remember one April with perfect weather every weekend and I used them all getting her moved and set up. I love helping her, but all the enjoyable things I could have been doing, compared, was making it worse. They just moved to MI from MD and they had it all taken care of, didn't call on me at all. If it was anything else I'd be offended

I get up and sometimes I go. And when I really go all day I use up two days of it. I go a good bit for a good bit of most days. No problem, except I roll up the carpet when the sun goes down. By the time I get done eating the mental tired sets in and, "I'll call him tomorrow and fall asleep logging on my 'puter. Ever wake up scrolled to the bottom? Or period marks to infinity?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #2133
special-K
Special Order

I must have overlooked these posts till now. Starting with the swap meet. Ones like your experience may just be some of the best. It started snowing on my way to Spring Carlisle years ago and I kept on going. Going over the mountains I got to a state trooper blocking the way up. This is all fruit orchard country. I made a left and figured a right and a right would get me back on track eventually. Snow got to a foot deep out there! More to the story, but made it to swap meet, same thing but a few inches of snow and melt water running everywhere. For those who went it was an adventure to remember. I made a good haul that day. Some of my best times have been when conditions were iffy, I went on ahead, and had a great time... more memorable.

Sweet "car". They have to be the nicest vehicles out today.

That sounds like a wonderful cemetery, or memorial park. A well thought out site chosen. And a perfect peaceful place to peddle through. Funny how the whole "lineage" thing has meant more and more to me with each passing year. Funny how with age we get more "keen" on things in general. It's that older wiser thing I guess. Now what was that other thing I wanted to say? Oh well...
Hey! Keen and memory are two different things. I still have that thing I was thinking very vividly somewhere

Gawd do I hate moving. I moved my daughter quite a bit when she was single. I remember one April with perfect weather every weekend and I used them all getting her moved and set up. I love helping her, but all the enjoyable things I could have been doing, compared, was making it worse. They just moved to MI from MD and they had it all taken care of, didn't call on me at all. If it was anything else I'd be offended

I get up and sometimes I go. And when I really go all day I use up two days of it. I go a good bit for a good bit of most days. No problem, except I roll up the carpet when the sun goes down. By the time I get done eating the mental tired sets in and, "I'll call him tomorrow" etc, and fall asleep logging on my 'puter. Ever wake up scrolled to the bottom? Or period marks to infinity?

Tim

Old 08-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #2134
Boog
laying low

Yes we got back about 9:30 last night. Storming when we left out and in and out of rain for a couple of hours then sunny once out of La. I do really appreciate the popo staying out of our way. We made much better time coming back than going. I tell you what. I don't think much of the leather seats in the Yukon for that length of time.
The rental truck was an International diesel and of course it has blue def for regen. All the fluids are supposed to be topped off when you pickup a truck but that one was low of the def. The girls didn't notice. Anyway I made sure to fill the diesel and put some def in it before turning it in. At the turn in she mentioned to them the def wasn't full when she picked it up and that we did fill it past where it was when she got it. They told her oh they don't check for DEF level on any of them anyway.. WTH?

Old 08-27-2019, 06:51 AM   #2135
special-K
Special Order

But if they checked it when you returned it and found it empty they'd fill it and charge you triple for it

Tim

Old 08-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #2136
Boog
laying low

Exactly! I’ve been through that before.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:22 PM   #2137
special-K
Special Order

I dread the day I move out of here, but also I long for it. I'll be packing up for 6 months! I've been here since '86, half my life. I didn't have much when We moved in. I started my collecting things once I moved in. I did have four vehicles, I think, which is more than I have now. My attic still has things from my kids' childhood and things of mine I haven't seen in decades. All the outbuildings with stuff in them, too. I've been reducing but doesn't seem to show. Trucks parts... don't want to talk about it

Tim

Old 08-28-2019, 10:35 PM   #2138
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I dread the day I move out of here, but also I long for it. I'll be packing up for 6 months! I've been here since '86, half my life. I didn't have much when We moved in. I started my collecting things once I moved in. I did have four vehicles, I think, which is more than I have now. My attic still has things from my kids' childhood and things of mine I haven't seen in decades. All the outbuildings with stuff in them, too. I've been reducing but doesn't seem to show. Trucks parts... don't want to talk about it
Oh, how I feel your pain.....I'm in the same boat Tim.......

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-28-2019, 10:45 PM   #2139
davischevy

My dad was a trader, so we moved a lot. He bought raw land and built houses, he bought farms to flip, any trade to make a buck.

My dad said it was good to move often because you shed a lot of junk in the process. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My wife and I have averaged moving about every 4 1/2 years. Not so much lately, we have been here a little over ten years and the place before ten years.

I think I have mentioned, the lady of the house has been talking building another house for a couple years now. I dread it, but maybe I will get a shop out back in the next move.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:01 PM   #2140
Boog
laying low

So Dale. How was your retreat at the cabin? Too short of course. We have a break in the summer heat this week. The wife and I are going camping this long weekend. It should be real nice.

Tim I know what you are talking about. We all hang on to things that mean a little something to us or things we MIGHT need some day way too long. The more storage room you have the more things you will keep. I know I keep boards and pieces of metal that I think that could come in handy some day and I won't have to buy something. I have a few old aluminum highway signs that have sure come in handy over the years. I've made a number of things out of them. And they were FREE.
In clearing out my Mom's estate we find things that probably should have been discarded years ago but we understand that our parents came up in hard times and things weren't easily attainable like today. We found old pieces of card board Mom saved to make patterns with. Two pieces she had the outline of a shoe insole marked on it. She saved the original paperwork to new appliances and a lot of the original boxes they came in.
If we ever did move again and down sized it would be a real pain to sort through all of the stuff.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:43 AM   #2141
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Oh, how I feel your pain.....I'm in the same boat Tim.......
If I was in a boat it would be sinking... ha ha. This house hasn't been empty since '86. I'd love to move everything out, clean & paint, and only put back what I really feel I need... everything! I'd love for my kids to claim what they want and get rid of the rest
Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
My dad was a trader, so we moved a lot. He bought raw land and built houses, he bought farms to flip, any trade to make a buck.

My dad said it was good to move often because you shed a lot of junk in the process. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My wife and I have averaged moving about every 4 1/2 years. Not so much lately, we have been here a little over ten years and the place before ten years.

I think I have mentioned, the lady of the house has been talking building another house for a couple years now. I dread it, but maybe I will get a shop out back in the next move.
I've owned other house but kept my residence here. Monday last week I went and looked at a chestnut cabin along the C&O canal I could buy outright with plenty to spare. It's a place called Taylor's Landing where the canal boats would dock that had warehouses. It's right across from a boat ramp to the Potomac R. It sits up above flood level, even has an extra lot. But it's up a long flight of stairs and vehicles would be parked where it floods. I considered if I could buy a place nearby for a shop and place to move vehicles. But those steps would get old, just like I'm going to get. I need to stop looking anyway. I need too much time to get out of here and that's why I started working toward it.

My folks moved a lot, too. I went to four high schools. I lived in nine places with my parents. I moved a lot once on my own, too, renting. Now I've been here 33 years come first of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
So Dale. How was your retreat at the cabin? Too short of course. We have a break in the summer heat this week. The wife and I are going camping this long weekend. It should be real nice.

Tim I know what you are talking about. We all hang on to things that mean a little something to us or things we MIGHT need some day way too long. The more storage room you have the more things you will keep. I know I keep boards and pieces of metal that I think that could come in handy some day and I won't have to buy something. I have a few old aluminum highway signs that have sure come in handy over the years. I've made a number of things out of them. And they were FREE.
In clearing out my Mom's estate we find things that probably should have been discarded years ago but we understand that our parents came up in hard times and things weren't easily attainable like today. We found old pieces of card board Mom saved to make patterns with. Two pieces she had the outline of a shoe insole marked on it. She saved the original paperwork to new appliances and a lot of the original boxes they came in.
If we ever did move again and down sized it would be a real pain to sort through all of the stuff.
We got a break from the heat, too. What a hot summer it was. I'm heading up home myself for some mountain time. There's a rod run thing I love to go to I'll hit on Saturday. I think it's my favorite. Not really a show, just hanging out camping at the fairgrounds with some activities going on.

You're like me. I keep a stock of bits & pieces in case I need them. I was thinking the other day when I used the last of my bubble wrap. All the parts I sold & shipped on here I have never bought shipping supplies. I'm like the grandma who lived through the depression, except I don't hang paper towels up to dry... much. I have been finally using up a lot of materials on the house. I had some v-groove t&g 1 x 6 cedar left over from a job 25 or more years ago set back to do the ceiling in my bedroom. A customer bought a house that needed a lot of that replaced and it's on his house now. Made a lot of room in the shed! Best part about it was I got to sell it for today's prices. It was an investment with a great yield!

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 08-31-2019 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #2142
Ol Blue K20

The cabin retreat was too short but was fun. I'm going to stay home for the long weekend because of traffic.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 08-29-2019, 09:08 PM   #2143
special-K
Special Order

I changed my mind. Although yurning* to get away, I'm going to use the good weather to stay on task around the place here

* Is spellcheck retarded? I can't tell you how many times I type words and it says they are wrong. I type it in my Google search box and google spells it the same way I do. Spellcheck seems like a citified upper class snob with no clue about traditional American simple folk talk, only modern yada yada bull dink sissy talk

Tim

Old 08-30-2019, 03:23 AM   #2144
Boog
laying low

Uh oh. Now Tim's got the dupes too.

Hmmm. Will I be next?

Old 08-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #2145
special-K
Special Order

I think we pissed Zuckerman off using a play on words based on his golden egg. He has so much money he isn't concerned with suing. He'd rather enjoy messing with us.

Tim

Old 08-30-2019, 10:42 PM   #2146
kingsolver72
10/30/19

You’ve probably pissed him off by calling him zuckerman too.
I’ve never had a Facebook account but can’t image it is as entertaining as MyFaceTruck.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:29 PM   #2147
davischevy

I think I mentioned earlier that an old friend of mine had passed a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I took my 55 by and took him for a long cruise not long ago. He seemed to really enjoy it.

He had a collection of nice GM cars, one of which was a 63 Impala SS, red on red, 300 horse, 327, four speed.

His boys had called a year ago and wanted to know if I was still interested in the car. I went by and looked at it but it had sat so long it wouldn't start. They wanted to get it running before we made a deal.

I went by today to see about the car and they sold it as is. A guy came to look at a Camaro they advertised and he wanted to Impala too so they let him have both.

I was let down, but I don't really need another car.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #2148
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I think I mentioned earlier that an old friend of mine had passed a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I took my 55 by and took him for a long cruise not long ago. He seemed to really enjoy it.

He had a collection of nice GM cars, one of which was a 63 Impala SS, red on red, 300 horse, 327, four speed.

His boys had called a year ago and wanted to know if I was still interested in the car. I went by and looked at it but it had sat so long it wouldn't start. They wanted to get it running before we made a deal.

I went by today to see about the car and they sold it as is. A guy came to look at a Camaro they advertised and he wanted to Impala too so they let him have both.

I was let down, but I don't really need another car.
amazing how money can prevail over sentiment so frequently..

selling their dad's classics -1

not holding that one for their dad's friend -2

my mom sold dad's '74 cb750 k4 to a contractor nosing around the garage while putting some leftover material away

I was so mad I couldn't talk to her for days.. I made it clear that nothing of our family's is for sale unless it was to me..

which is a laugh because mom has no bills and more than enough money..

the regret of so many things that have been sold that I wished we still had is enough already..

thankfully we have the majority of his prized possessions so we can still put our hands on so many good feelings and memories

dad's 65 chevy c20, ih 706, his marlins he bought as a teenager in the 50's, etc..

I bought a 71 marlin 336 30/30 from a guy working for caltrans that belonged to his dad that had passed..

met at the ffl for the transfer and the gal asked for his full name....... middle name was marlin..

I paused and asked him again if he was sure about the sale.. he just shrugged and said sure, why not..

when we still I had the city house in independence, I remember my first rides on the front where I could see the speedo..

probably the only first grader in the neighborhood that had been 130 on a bike

Old 09-11-2019, 09:58 PM   #2149
davischevy

That's too bad about the old Honda with attached memories.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #2150
davischevy

I've been doing some paint touchup on my 55. While I was at it, I took off the louvered hood and I put a stock hood with the jet plane and crest.
Attached Images