The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
68blazer

Heated and Cooled Seat question

Hey all, I have a question that I need some help with. I am doing an LS swap on a 67 swb and I am into the interior of the truck. I want heated & cooled seats. Some vehicles claim they have heated & cooled seats but they are “cooled” by a fan or it just circulates unrefrigerated air. In my opinion, those vehicles need to claim that they are heated and ventilated. Some manufactures actually state they are ventilated or are only cooled by a fan. (BTW I don’t want that) Back to seats that use refrigerant or use the vehicles A/C, those aren’t efficient. Not to mention I can’t imagine creating/installing the plumbing from under the dash to both seats. So in my many hours of research I came across climate controlled seats. Like the picture below
http://www.pro-touring.com/attachmen...3&d=1339078022
I called this company (which is now called gentherm) and they don’t sell to the public (sounds ridiculous to me but their prerogative). Now these seats operate under the peltier effect or integrated Thermoelectric Device(s) (TED).
http://www.gentherm.com/en/page/climate-seats.
This is the most efficient way I can think of to have heated & cooled seats. Now obviously there is a list of vehicles (below) that already have these seats that I plan on going to the salvage yard and pulling for my truck (hopefully this list is accurate & they are true cooled seats and not ventilated)

My questions for everyone on the forum (who already own these type of seats in a new vehicle or have already found some and installed them in another vehicle) is how good are they? Also where is the climate control switches for the set? The reason I ask is if it’s on the seat itself I would assume it would be an easier install into the 67. Otherwise I would have to get switches/controls and a wiring harness to match which is not only more money I assume it’s a bigger headache. I know I may be asking for too much but who can direct me towards a thermoelectric device (TED) pair of front seats that are great for cooling & heating with the controls on the seats themselves?

thanks everyone