The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-21-2018, 06:39 PM   #76
Grumpy old man

Re: Trip to the auto parts store just isn't the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBS454 View Post
Walk in O'Reilly's spot 17 year old female with gray T-shirt (figure she is trainee) standing near manager who knows me. He is talking to another so she breaks off and asks if she can help. I request tube of 3M windshield adhesive. She turns to manager and says help. He looks over and sees me - I ask if she is trainee (this is all with jovial attitude) he says yes. I look at her and tell her I want a carb kit for 54 Kaiser. She laughs and stammers. Manager goes back to other customer. I quiz her on her knowledge - it's very rudimentary. I ask if this is summer job or does she love cars. She says she loves cars and in particular Mustangs. I ask her who is Carroll Shelby. Uhhhhhhhhh. I point to my patina 68 and start to point out that I know every single part of the truck (parts from 7 different cars and trucks) she interrupts and says my truck is beautiful. So, she has some appreciation for older iron. That is a good sign. I tell her if she wants to learn and speak intelligently about cars and be good at being counterman then go home and consume every YT video and article on Mustangs and their inner workings since she loves them. I get my adhesive from the manager and tell her I will be back and there will be a quiz.
the adhesive is located on the aisle you should have been able to find it yourself ?
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #77
chevlady

It has happened to me,the parts counter person did not know what I wanted.I needed water pump gaskets for a small block Chevy and he did not know what they looked like.Luckily I know the manager very well and had the other counter person look them up,he found them.Another time was a fuel filter,coolant filter and oil filter for a Paccar diesel engine in a Kenworth semi truck.I about blew up and the manager saw this was going to happen.Once again,took care of it and had the other counter person found them.
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #78
OBS454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
the adhesive is located on the aisle you should have been able to find it yourself ?
You seem to know something about the stores I frequent in my area there Nostradamus. Is it going to rain here tomorrow? Will the Cowboys make it to the playoffs? The 2 stores I frequent both have had that particular item in the back on the last two times I have made that purchase. Have a nice day.
OBS454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #79
special-K
Special Order

^^^ I find everything in your little story to be very much in line with something I would also do. If we don't take stock in the obvious newbie and make it fun learning while showing our positive support, then we have no one else ti blame for crappy counter help than ourselves. Not everyone is a born prodigy or had a dad with knowledge to share...or if he did never put effort into passing it along (I know many a-hoes like that). Youngin' who don't want to listen are one thing, ones that show an ounce of interest deserve pounds of knowledge and advice or we have failed.... Over

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:40 AM   #80
OBS454

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
^^^ I find everything in your little story to be very much in line with something I would also do. If we don't take stock in the obvious newbie and make it fun learning while showing our positive support, then we have no one else ti blame for crappy counter help than ourselves. Not everyone is a born prodigy or had a dad with knowledge to share...or if he did never put effort into passing it along (I know many a-hoes like that). Youngin' who don't want to listen are one thing, ones that show an ounce of interest deserve pounds of knowledge and advice or we have failed.... Over
Muy sympatico. As written previously the mood was jovial and I have been motivating young people for a long time. I believe am skilled in this area and can do it in a positive way so I hopefully set a small fire that will be fanned each time I return. If a fool hates instruction then logically the opposite is true. Your reference to fatherly instruction was right on too.
OBS454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:25 AM   #81
special-K
Special Order

I was at a swap meet last weekend. One of our good neighbor buddies there had his 8 year old son come up Friday evening for Saturday. I had already bought the magazine rack his dad had for sale and also had conversation with his dad about the things we do to teach kids to "earn" what they want.

So I had just these two Hot Wheels 5-packs with me and I made him a proposition. I asked if he'd like either one and he did like the one. I told him I wanted to make him a partner on these, I want $5 a piece which is a bottom line price. If he sells one he keeps the other. I also pointed out things to tell folks to help push the sale. The pack he wanted to sell was from '98, 20 years old, and in same condition as new. Anything over $5 was his to keep and we shook hands. Had to make him look me in the eyes on the shake. Well, the next day at some point he came running over to tell me he sold the 5-pack and handed me my five with a big ole grin. Later on I was over there and made a point of letting him know I was very pleased with how our deal worked, he did a great job, and because of that I'll be bringing more Hot Wheels I'd like him to sell, if he'd like. He was all about that and we shook hands again. This time he looked me in the eye. Such a good kid. If we want good ones, we need to make them that way. He has a good dad.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-24-2018, 12:32 PM   #82
davepl

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Had to make him look me in the eyes on the shake.
That's just shy, by the way, not deceptive or anything. In nature it'd be a challenge to authority, so it's hard for a little kid to look a grown man in the eye if they do not know them well yet.

My 10 year old was bugging me a couple of days ago for a way to earn extra cash and I had a grim data-entry job I needed done (look up names and emails from a web site and build a list of 100 of them in Excel) so I offered to pay him fifty cents for each entry he could do accurately. Over the course of two days he cranked out all 100, so he earned $50.

The only caveat is that initially he had typos in the emails and the names weren't properly capitalized, so I made him go back and fix them all just like a boss would, rather than just tussling his hair and accepting it like a Dad might!

Tangentially, I'm about sixth generation self-employed. They're obsessed with setting up their own little businesses selling anything from dandelions to lemonade. Must be some kind of "entrepreneur" gene I guess!
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #83
special-K
Special Order

I know it was shyness and the fact I was a man he didn't know in a strange place full of strangers. I said what you quoted to illustrate the fact that I gave him the full "how to deal" lesson, along with everything else. He has a good dad and he really appreciated me taking stock in his son in a way much like he or the by's grandfather would. I also had the boy laughing and giggling a lot with humor appropriate for his age, yet somewhat adult in flavor.

Here are pictures from the fun work I did on Sunday after getting back. I just showed the others because I hadn't uploaded Sunday's progress. I'm building a kitchen counter top from old oak barn beam cut to 1" boards. 3pc wide and glued up. I filled all the "character" up with clear epoxy resin. It kept sucking it up, but Sunday's 3 applications got it done
Attached Images

Tim

Old 04-24-2018, 10:58 PM   #84
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Niiice! Is that white oak?

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #85
special-K
Special Order

HEY! I just realized I've been posting the counter top fun in the wrong thread...WHOOPS!! Man, I'm rolling hard and fast lately. I guess I was tired last night when I goofed in the middle of the post. Now today was before my coffee. Sorry, I wish I could move it over to the right thread

Yes it is. The guy who dismantles, sells, and mills this stuff said it was a 250 year old building and they counted 250 rings in a beam. Not sure if my wood came from that beam (don't think so), but we're talking trees that were standing before Europeans did in this area. I've been treating it with a high level of respect, that's for sure. Plus, it wasn't cheap!

I know this wasn't last weekend, but a continuation and, as I said, I'm really enjoying this work. I started installing yesterday and will finish that, pour more resin in the inside corner joints (before installing two other sections), and make up/install the edge trim today. Need to get to the finish and get her sink working. Pour gal, I feel bad but she says it's all good...very excited. Unfortunately, I felt the need to build in place which meant rip the old out first, rather than measure up/build/tear out/install. It's an old out of square addition on an old farm house. I already figured that out in the room upstairs when I did a ceiling last winter.

Here's a progress shot during sanding. I had marked the last stubborn areas needing resin fill. I had it built up quite a bit in some spots. Each application flowed across as well as in the nooks & crannies
Attached Images

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 04-25-2018 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:52 AM   #86
landarts
landarts

Thought I would check in on the old thread and add another experience that happened yesterday. I was working on the truck and after I drop it down off jack stands, tried to start it the starter would spin but not engage. The starter was not more than a year old and which I had bought from the local Napa Auto store. This starter from day one was always loud made funny noises when starting. So I figured I would just jack it back up, unbolt and take and back for exchange.

So I get down to the store I bought it from and the young girl at the counter ask "what does it come out of" I told her 1972 Chevy C10 v8 350 motor. It took her about 15 minutes to look up on the computer. She states that they do not have any in stock but the store a few miles up the road has one. She calls over and tells them to check stock and they confirm they have it and will hold it on counter. So I drive over and when I get there I tell them that they had a starter on hold for me from the other store. He opens the box and it was not even close to match. So another 15 minutes and 4 more boxes on the counter we finally have a match.

The counter guy says where is your receipt, I state that I forgot to bring it, but you can call the other store they know me well. He calls over and gets someone on the phone that does not know me, he hangs up and says sorry they do not know you so you will need to pay for it full price. So at this point I finally lost my patients and just wanted to get back to my project, so I paid full price. When I got home I had the receipt in the file and I will go back this week on my way home from work to get squared up on refund.

I will be polite and after I receive my refund I will tell them that I will no longer be a customer. At this point it looks like I will be buying just about everything I need online.
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:09 PM   #87
mike1971c10

Well, me being a parts person for over 40 years, I only give them the part number. They still ask me what I'm working on, I tell them it's a '54 chevy truck
and after looking online for it they tell me they can't find it. That's funny, I just gave you the part number. It may never end
mike
Old 02-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #88
Matt_50

I've gotten part numbers ready before. Same thing, they always want to look up vehicle. If I brought a part number it's because there's a certain one I want. For some reason only managers can look up part numbers. That I got off their website!
Old 02-03-2019, 06:51 PM   #89
Boog
laying low

More and more I leave the parts store steamed. I understand some times it's not the counter person's fault. They can only do as they are trained to do or as I have been told they have to do things the way the software is programmed. It's frustrating for them as well as us customers. Then there is the cost of parts and the poor quality of parts. Life time warranty or not, they ought to be better than they are, period. Like someone recently said "i don't want to be continually replacing a turd with another turd even if it's a free replacement". Well put.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #90
72c20customcamper

Mine usually go like this. Me "I need an alternator belt for a 1966 chevelle big block no ac or power steering" Counter person " What's a big block " . Me " it's a big ass motor" . So now I know I'm going to screw with them. " it's a 496 ci " After they look for like 5 minutes I tell them just pick the biggest motor on your screen .

Then I get the with ac and power steering right. I now carry a spare gates with me.

Last time I went to get a fuel pump for the same car . Guy looks it up comes out with a long skinny box. It's an electric in tank fuel pump. Tell him it wrong he says no it's not the computer says it's the right part. I walked out and went to speed shop about 30 miles away.
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:39 AM   #91
toolboxchev

So one here lead me to this one.

When you arrive at the counter just ask: I need a set of valve cover gaskets for a Gen 1 350 Chevrolet. If the person responds what year make and model you know your dealing with someone whom is not trained by his own talent.

I have used that one many times and it will tell you immediately how CAR SMART the counter person is.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:06 AM   #92
mongocanfly
Post Whore

our local parts stores are getting so bad that I try to avoid going nights and weekends...nothing but a bunch of kids running the stores...

I needed a 1/4 '' brake line coupling...they tried to sell me a compression fitting for copper tube...argued with me that was a brake line coupling...arghhhh

needed a drum brake adj...I know enough that I took my old one with me...set it on counter and said I need one of these ...whats that they say with a stupefied look..arghhh

need a reman steering box for a 88 2wd.....3 trips I went back because they gave me the wrong one for a different yr model...all because they mispunched the numbers in theyre computer...arghhhhh.

it just goes on and on...

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #93
Red71gmc

It's funny that you brought up your auto parts store selling brass compression fittings for brake line. In my hardware store I get numerous people wanting brass compression fittings for their brake line. I always tell them that is not DOT approved and some go to a parts store and others brush me off and buy it anyway.
I have read through a lot of these post and as I completely agree with the frustrations felt here, their is always two sides. The old style service stores (like I try to run mine) are diminishing because of the alternative choices customers have available (online, box stores and small chain stores). Many feel if they pay as little as 50 cents more compared to an alternative they are being ripped off. Many will voice this but still insist on old fashion service.
Example, I rarely sell a faucet or sink. What I do sell a bunch of is the plumbing pieces for those two items that customers buy from a box store. They come to me to help them plumb it up. All I get from the 20 minutes helping them is a $8.00 sale with a few dollars profit.
If I got the whole sale of $200-$300 I could employ another individual knowledgable to assist customers when I'm not there. Or better, assist them when I am there so I could address other demanding issues.
I think if some look back at what they have bought online or big store to save a few dollars, they would answer their own complaints. After all, O'Rielly's builds more stores because of customers going to them instead of the old fashion part store. Rock Auto has now moved in because they don't even need to hire the inexperienced person to stand behind a counter assisting walk ins.
It's basically one or the other but no room for in between. Not one store in my little town is owned by a person making a sole living from their store. They all have other jobs or businesses to actually pay the food bill. If they all could sell the bigger items instead of the little stuff customers don't want to drive to or wait for the alternatives, it would still be like the old days with informed people behind the counter all the time and service.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:33 AM   #94
special-K
Special Order

I've always used the best application that works for my vehicle and do swaps like HEI, etc. I have GM parts books and with internet can find part#s to go in with. Now that most parts people are program searchers and not parts specialists I make sure I know an application that my parts are for. When I need brake hoses for my K2500 with 4" lift I tell them I have an '86 C20, when I need plug wires for the HEI with headers I ask for '76 Vette, and on like that.

The biggest hangup I have is with the rear shoes on the same truck w/Dana60. In this era a Chevy got the Corporate rear we call HO52 and GM listed as w/o Dana. I know all this and I have yet to find a parts program that does. I remember going round and round with wrong shoes last time I did my rear brakes and it's time to do them again. Last time I had to bring them in to measure and the new NAPA manager, who got off on the wrong foot with me thinking I'd be aggravated although I wasn't (come to expect such things), was trying to measure diameter by measuring one end of shoe to the other. I was calmly saying "That won't work. You need to lay both down and space them so you get the same number all around", but he kept trying his way. I told him "You have to figure you have a wheel cyl up top and adjuster at bottom", still flustered. I told him the drum has "max dia 12 1/8" stamped on the edge, probably means 12" brakes, right? In one ear and out the other. I was calm, just wanted to leave with the right shoes this time or at least has the right ones transferred in. finally, the experienced guy goes in the back, grabs the BOOK with pictures and measurements and IDs my shoes!

Ok, I have a memory and would like to not go through all this again. I know I should pull the shoes and bring them in, but attempted to buy them in advance at another GOOD parts place. I told the guy there would be two options for '72 3/4t GM Trucks, GMC used Dana and Chevy used corporate. In one ear and out the other because he knows everything. I remember buying engine parts for a rebuild, and using their machine shop in the '80s and he's still there... no greenhorn! But since he's so good he uses his own devices and not listen to the customer. I let people do their job, only offer info that will help. Told him they should be 12" by that stamping. The ear thing, he's going by his program. He says "These should be it". I left with shoes I figured were for a 14-bolt that I'd have to return once I got to the brakes. But at least the money was spent and I'd be able to do the job even if I was broke. When it got to be a while and no time to get into it, I took them back so I wouldn't get stuck with parts for someone else's truck. I was just looking at my wheel cyl boxes the other day, which reminded me I better get the truck up on stands and carry my shoes in so I can have this done for when I get back on the road in spring.

Computers don't know everything and these parts guys rely on them. What a wonderfully better world we live in, thanks to modern technology... NOT! I learned a lot about parts applications and such when I was young from countermen because they were an amazing source of information. Boy, have we degenerated, in my eyes.

Tim

Old 02-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #95
Coley

Smile Re: Trip to the auto parts store just isn't the same

One thing I have learned in getting results from people....is to work to help them succeed....not prep them for failure.

I make sure I am clear, articulate and thorough and so long as they are working hard, trying and being conscientious...I have all the patience in the world to help them get it right and learn something perhaps.
If they de-rail and start improvising, talking through their hat... or move into the 'know-it-all' lane...then I become a difficult customer, and I do it very quickly.

Remember a lot of these kids working these counters are your kids....many of them are the current generation, and for most of them...that is all they have been shown, taught or exposed to.

Remember there are know-it-all older guy/geysers that are often looking for a fight too, just waiting and hoping to correct or 'trap' someone with some tiny nugget of their own knowledge or experience that they should just put on the table up front.....lol.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500

Last edited by Coley; 02-07-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #96
special-K
Special Order

I kind of enjoy dealing with that last type. I'll set them straight Clint Eastwood style . I'm also very patient and helpful with these people. I go in ahead of need, usually, expecting to have to order what I need. I'm not a demanding person.

Had a smartass like that at the Chevy dealer I've bought parts from since '82 I think. He wasn't older and didn/t seem to know much at all (from what he showed me), but he definitely had a chip on his shoulder. First dealing with him was a trip, and the last. This was for a '95 K3500 and I came prepared with the VIN to order door panels. I know the routine, I know everyone there and they know me. He told me GM didn't offer parts like that, only service parts. I told him I'll believe that after he attempts to look up and order them and fails. He wouldn't do it. I told him I'd come around the counter and show him how. He started getting crappy, called me names, and I told him, "On second thought, I'm coming 'over' the counter and knocking you off your high horse!" Tom the manager (for 20 years) comes out just as I said that (and was about to do what I said), looked at me, not him, and asked what was wrong. I told him the guy would rather get his butt kicked than look up my part. Tom told him to go in the back, and he took a few minutes to look up my parts. I never saw that guy there again.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 02-08-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #97
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I worked at an auto parts store in '78 when I was 19. I was the guy that you all seem to really dislike, the newbie. People would come in and lay something on the counter and I would have to ask the basic questions (no computers back then). Some people would get irritated, some were cool. If one of the older guys was standing there they would let me work through it, but if it was an impatient customer they would just go grab the part off the shelf without looking it up. Didn't take long for me to be able to do the same. There were no distractions back then so maybe it was easier to pick things up.

Back then working at an auto parts store wasn't just a place for temporary employment, it was a career job. It was a totally different time for vehicles, I would be lost in todays auto parts store.

One thing I do with people on the other side of the counter no matter what kind of establishment it is, Im always polite, even when I can see they are struggling. I don't do anything to stir the pot. If I get attitude (very seldom) I just move on. Life is way too short to let this stuff get in to my head.

Ill work through a problem if I can see they are doing their best, they know people don't like having to go through all the questions. Pretty easy to see from their side of the counter when Joe customer is starting to steam. Im sure it gets old quickly when all they are doing is what they were trained to do and all they get back is grumpy ass attitude back ... all day long.

I used to have a 62 Ford Unibody truck. 350 Chevy powered, Volare front suspension, and later nine inch out back. I didn't go in and toss that info when I needed something, I went in prepared with the info I knew would get me the best results without making some poor kid crumble. Invariably it got the person behind the counter interested in what the heck I was up to and often a trip out to the parking lot to see the cool truck I had. Who knows, maybe that got someone's interest peaked in old cars when before they had zero.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #98
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

I hate dealing with the idiots so I am slowly buying more and more of everything on-line.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #99
special-K
Special Order

I'm patient like CG. I must be lucky because I have never had an experience at any parts store so bad as some seem to experience... the 3 in my town, I sometimes work on my trucks at a friend's shop in PA, breakdowns wherever, out of town need something, etc. As far as the sexists who think a woman can't be a good parts "person", maybe your attitude is the problem. Some of the best parts people I have dealt with have been women, and I'll tell a little story to prove it.

Last summer, with broken ribs, I replaced the power steering pump on my '95 Suburban. First time on a serpentine system with fixed pump. Between the pain from torquing too hard, difficulty with maneuvering, and inexperience, I must not have seated the pulley all the way. I'm 25 miles from home and my belt was shredded. I'm dead in the water, few tools, busted up, no puller/install tool. I call my buddy in that area to rescue me. He tells me the parts store to call and sends his helper from the sign shop to pick it up, deliver, and follow me to his place to do the job. The person at the parts store answers, "This is Holly, how can I help you?" I tell her the situation, what I need, and who is picking it up. She says "Sounds like you didn't get the pulley seated all the way. Do you have the puller/install tool?". No I don't, I had rented one from Advance to do the job. She covered every base, crossed all the "T"s and dotted all the "I"s as well as the best male parts person ever had with me. Been working on cars since about 1970.

We also had a gal at Advance Auto in town and she was one of the best as well. I watched her put cavemen in their place. So judge by ability and results, not by gender, age, number of pimples, or whatever. I'm sure no one reading this wants to be the dork on the customer side pf the counter.

Tim

Old 02-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #100
Boog
laying low

Right you are Tim. I've seen women try harder to do a job right than many men, at a usually male type job. We had a woman sales person at one of our lumber stores. There were many big contractors who preferred her over any of the men. It wasn't because she was gorgeous or flurtatious. She was polite, thoughtful and very efficient. She went out of her way to make sure their orders were filled right the first time. She was a good Christian woman and took jokes like the best of us. I've dealt with a couple of women in the parts stores too. They, at least the ones I've dealt with, try harder to do it better. I appreciate that.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote