The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
Ta2edjr

brothers truck parts...ugh

So recieved some parts today from brothers trucks...this is the first time Ive ever ordered anything though them.. my total was just a shade over 100 bucks. After opening the box I realized that I didn't get all the parts I ordered and I made sure before ordering that what I ordered was in stock and not on back order. So after being on hold for around 20 minutes...someone finally answers and I explain to them what was wrong the guy asked me to see if the tape was on the box or if it had ben opened I assured him that the box hadn't ben opened and then he proceeds to tell me that some of the parts were on back order and that I would have to wait. I explained to him that I didn't want to wait and that on there website its says they only charge for parts on back order only when they ship but I had ben charged the full amount. So now they are sending me the parts when they become available. I also asked to send me a email with the tracking number on them when they ship because they didn't send me one via email on the first go round. Any body else have this bad of a experience with them?
Ta2edjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #2
A1971Blazer

Re: brothers truck parts...ugh

I don't want to bash anyone I haven't bought from, but let me just say a good word for.....Mane's Truck Parts......GMC Paul's......and Southern Kentucky Classics...no issues with them at all so far....and believe it or not I haven't had any issues with the few LMC parts I've bought from them.
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer

Last edited by A1971Blazer; 07-26-2016 at 09:10 PM.
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
68bowtie

i have a problem with brothers jacking up their list prices during sales to make their sales prices look better than they actually are. i have intentionally shopped elsewhere because of that so i can't really comment on their products or service.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:35 PM   #4
Ta2edjr

I'm not trying to bash anyone either. Just simply telling my story, $#/T happens and people make mistakes i understand that..just would liked a heads up that I was ordering back ordered parts. I would have shopped elsewhere. I've also heard good things about gmc Paul's I'll have to check them out! Also I've heard alot of bad stuff about lmc. But a local guy I know is a Lmc dealer and I have bought plenty from him...new bed sides, tail gate,bulk head and inner fenders. And I do agree with you bowtie I ordered through brothers because of there 10% off but I do believe the parts were just marked up. What I can say good about them is that what I ordered looks to be in good shape and the quality and finish looks good.

Last edited by Ta2edjr; 07-26-2016 at 11:40 PM. Reason: typo
Ta2edjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #5
GWWhite

Smile Re: brothers truck parts...ugh

I have had the same problem with all vendors, even as far as other vendors sending me Brothers parts due to their out of stock backorders. I guess best thing is order where you can attend an event and pick up parts. I have used H&H with good luck and saved on shipping too.
GWWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #6
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
i have a problem with brothers jacking up their list prices during sales to make their sales prices look better than they actually are. i have intentionally shopped elsewhere because of that so i can't really comment on their products or service.
This is a practice done by most all retailers of everything you buy on sale. I asked an old boos once why he never had a sale, he replied that sale prices were like over coats, you have to put them on before you can take them off.

When I worked at the now closed Service Merchandise years ago I remember the managers constantly changing prices upward for items that would go on sale in the following months.

Your usually better off with small mom and pop shops that have a sale to clear inventory and not rope you in under a false pretense.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote