The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
68 C-10 Panel

Need help with 250 L6, rochester monojet Vacuum info

Ok if anyone can point me to a thread that has this info you guys can delete this one. However after looking for a couple of days all I can find are diagrams for v-8's or for q-jets. This thing here in the first pic is confusing me. It looks like a thermo switch but upon testing with my hand vac pump and the one port has an open passage. The second is closed. heated it up and it did not open.???? the hoses go to an intake vacuum port and the other goes to a diaphram on the carb that with vacuum supplied would pull the choke open. This thing has been converted by the P.O. to an automatic choke with a Bi-metal spring on the manifold. Also I want to make sure the lines to the EGR and the door between the exhaust and the intake(forget the name) are hooked up right. Should the switch on the water neck for the EGR be open or closed when cold? The truck runs ok, but after some tinkering (did a quick carb rebuild to clean the crud out of the jet and fixed the choke linkage which was sticking) the truck runs alot better. I would like to put the manual choke back on but the bracket is missing, or possibly this is a newer carb. But a good mechanic is never satisfied. Thanks in advance guys!
Attached Images

"When a man is old enough to figure out his dad was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong" Charles Wadsworth
68 C-10 Panel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
68 C-10 Panel

Re: Need help with 250 L6, rochester monojet Vacuum info

Stump Bump..... wow I never thought this would come up with 0 responses. Update is the truck has never run better so I guess that I will leave it alone until the 350/700r4 go in. Thanks anyway guys.

"When a man is old enough to figure out his dad was right, he has a son who thinks he's wrong" Charles Wadsworth
68 C-10 Panel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:15 AM   #3
bumblebike

Re: Need help with 250 L6, rochester monojet Vacuum info

If it helps at all, the pictures you posted helped me see a hose that was disconnected on this olde truck I just bought. Thank YOU for the help!
bumblebike is offline   Reply With Quote