The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2018, 11:16 PM   #1401
davischevy

Re: My Facetruck thread.

That confirms my suspicion. You have those hooks under lock and key guarded by a big dog, don't you?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:20 PM   #1402
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
Like I say to anyone on this board

You, are welcome over
Anytime ?

I usually post pics of my arsenal, with an obvious pic of the inaccessible approaches to my tract house.

heh heh heh

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #1403
Chevyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I guess I'm just clueless. I've never seen so much todo over a piece of bent, pointed steel before. Some people are giving stupid money for those things. I don't get it. Was it Eric who a while back put up a pic of a hundred pair of hooks?
Yea
I have friends with serious hoarding issues
Attached Images

Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:28 AM   #1404
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
Yea
I have friends with serious hoarding issues
I don't feel so bad after seeing that....I only have one pair of extreme bend hooks.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #1405
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Thought of special K today- his construction company is (or was) called Clearwater construction. I see he’s going into the lumber business now too.
I got board with the labor and went with the lumber baron thing instead. Yep, that's the Clearwater I had in mind when using that name. I'm still under that name but mostly DBA "Yes, in my name will be fine, thank you". We have downsized and are now focusing on a new micro-contractor business model. No facade, it's just me and one of my sons when I need more than two hands, two feet, and one eye.

Tow hooks. I was an original tow hook fool. Had a running listing in Pickups & Panels In Print for K/20 hubcaps and tow hooks back into the '80s. But I'm not greedy or stupid, so that puts me out of the race. I would only pay stupid money for hooks if a truck was missing them, has them on the SPID, and was restoring to pure original. Same with any part that is over priced. Where I'm coming from is where those are the only reasons to pay stupid money. I bought my first K/20 for $2k. I guess it would be worth $3k now since it was a numbers matching tow hook truck. How about a pair of doors for $1,200? Don't worry, those guys are only here for the parts board. Never waste time on this social BS.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #1406
Chevyland

But.....
Every facet is needed to make this board be___
A fun place to hang out

If everyone was the same
Life
Would be BoriNg
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:02 PM   #1407
Killer Bee

don't have facebook but still able to open this video in this article.. enjoy!

https://speedsociety.com/when-burnou...-your-trailer/
Old 10-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #1408
flashed

That was pretty cool way to do a burn out .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #1409
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Seems a little rough on the deck of the trailer. ....lol

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #1410
Boog
laying low

What people won’t do. I tell you what.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:08 PM   #1411
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
don't have facebook but still able to open this video in this article.. enjoy!

https://speedsociety.com/when-burnou...-your-trailer/
Never seen that done before, but I've seen plenty of burnouts done on the street at CTC.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #1412
duke_lbz

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Never seen that done before, but I've seen plenty of burnouts done on the street at CTC.
Cops keep getting worse and worse every year though.

99 GMC Yukon solid axle swapped
67 Chevy c10 small window swb stepside supercharged ls6
70 Chevy c10 suburban
72 K5 Blazer 4wd
duke_lbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #1413
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_lbz View Post
I didn't go the last couple of years. The whole thing is just kind of going over the top. When I first started going you could actually Cruise in your hot rod. Now you park and let the civilians cruise to look at the cars.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #1414
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Hmmm.... I wonder why. Could be the knuckleheads getting worse. That's what is happening to the Ocean City, MD spring and fall cruises. In our Regions forum there is a copy of a ticket issued for doing 75 mph while using hand held phone in a 30 mph zone. It's a resort town with pedestrians and bicycles, not an open hiway. A good hot rodder knows to stay cool/cruise easy in town. We all know the cops just need an excuse and the knuckleheads give them plenty. It messes things up for the rest of us.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-11-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #1415
Boog
laying low

Shoot. Our city drew up an ordinance forbidding cruising on the main street of town. Has been for 20 years or so.
At my age I don't fit the image so I get away with it.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #1416
duke_lbz

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hmmm.... I wonder why. Could be the knuckleheads getting worse. That's what is happening to the Ocean City, MD spring and fall cruises. In our Regions forum there is a copy of a ticket issued for doing 75 mph while using hand held phone in a 30 mph zone. It's a resort town with pedestrians and bicycles, not an open hiway. A good hot rodder knows to stay cool/cruise easy in town. We all know the cops just need an excuse and the knuckleheads give them plenty. It messes things up for the rest of us.
I agree some are getting out of hand but ive been going for 10 yrs now and you used to could get away with a burnout or two and they didnt care. But now they have cops every 500 yards or so waiting for anyone to even try anything.

99 GMC Yukon solid axle swapped
67 Chevy c10 small window swb stepside supercharged ls6
70 Chevy c10 suburban
72 K5 Blazer 4wd
duke_lbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #1417
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
I agree some are getting out of hand but ive been going for 10 yrs now and you used to could get away with a burnout or two and they didnt care. But now they have cops every 500 yards or so waiting for anyone to even try anything.
Pretty much for a good reason. I used to cruise Van Nuys Blvd in the '70s, and drag racing right there on that street is really dangerous. Most people knew to stay out of the way, but there is always some squirrel who's going to make sure he doesn't lose the race, up to and including running red lights. We took that stuff off to Raymer Street by the railroad tracks behind the GMAD plant, or over to Chandler Street where there were even fewer lights. You'd see some crazy speeds out there. I'm not going to rat myself out about speeds I've done there, though. I will say that it would have been a big ticket if caught on the freeway, when the speed limit was still 65 MPH. Based on the crazy crap I pulled in my youth, I watched my sons like a hawk.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #1418
Boog
laying low

There's no way my dad was anything like a wild child tearing up the streets and all but he saw enough and kept a tight rein on me so I was less likely to get into trouble. It worked. I'm still here.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #1419
special-K
Special Order

I know what you're saying, Duke. It's the 1% that give the lawmen the go ahead from the powers that be (or their own egos) to put the clamps on the fun. In OC, MD fun has always been against the law. It's a resort town and they make beaucoup bucks off of out of towners as soon as they get frisky. Then they come up with the cruise weekends before Memorial day and after labor day, traditional beginning and end of season to bring in more money. Then when people do what they do at such events they crack down. It may be people complaining... people who don't have enough sense to not go those weekends if they don't like loud cars and smokin' rubber. Now they have a special event (lower) speed limit throughout the town and if they can hear your exhaust from 50' they can give a ticket. I can hear most any car idling from 50'. I was surprised they ever allowed the event to happen. Well, now it seems they don't really want it. Maybe they need to start a quilt convention

Tim

Old 10-11-2018, 11:07 PM   #1420
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I know what you're saying, Duke. It's the 1% that give the lawmen the go ahead from the powers that be (or their own egos) to put the clamps on the fun. In OC, MD fun has always been against the law. It's a resort town and they make beaucoup bucks off of out of towners as soon as they get frisky. Then they come up with the cruise weekends before Memorial day and after labor day, traditional beginning and end of season to bring in more money. Then when people do what they do at such events they crack down. It may be people complaining... people who don't have enough sense to not go those weekends if they don't like loud cars and smokin' rubber. Now they have a special event (lower) speed limit throughout the town and if they can hear your exhaust from 50' they can give a ticket. I can hear most any car idling from 50'. I was surprised they ever allowed the event to happen. Well, now it seems they don't really want it. Maybe they need to start a quilt convention
Well, maybe my wife can make a quilt to muffle their exhaust. She's certainly made enough of them. They're hanging everywhere in the house!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 10-12-2018, 05:07 AM   #1421
special-K
Special Order

Quilts are good. Random grab for sake of comparison. Although they too can get right pesky with them needles, bits of cloth, thread and all. Never know what they might come up with for conversation. Solo quilting? Forget about it. They need to tie empty beer cans to their wrists so you know they're even there!

Tim

Old 10-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #1422
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I have been reading back on this thread a bit. Pretty entertaining. Just one observation.. general discussion is a forum made for off topic general posts, like life, jokes etc? So isnt a facebookesk post in a general forum essentially a general discussion thread in a general discussion forum, instead of just posting daily?
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:40 AM   #1423
davischevy

My mother made quilts. She has purged a bunch of them of them over the years when they moved and had auctions but she still has them stuffed in every place possible.

She has given one to every kid and grandkid and great grandkid. It's a little sad to see the younger ones abuse the quilts. I suspect one day they will wish they had taken better care of the quilts grannie made.

My mother is doing well for a 91 year old that had a heart attack. The depression is causing her more problem than anything.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #1424
Boog
laying low

We had a house full at my Mom's yesterday for an "ice cream social" as she and dad like to call it. A barbeque lunch and 3 gallons of home made ice cream. We don't hand crank them anymore but it is still as good as ever.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #1425
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
My mother made quilts. She has purged a bunch of them of them over the years when they moved and had auctions but she still has them stuffed in every place possible.

She has given one to every kid and grandkid and great grandkid. It's a little sad to see the younger ones abuse the quilts. I suspect one day they will wish they had taken better care of the quilts grannie made.

My mother is doing well for a 91 year old that had a heart attack. The depression is causing her more problem than anything.

I have one from when I was a kid still. My aunt made it. I have always wanted to make one from the kids old clothing
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote