The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
mgore68

Goodmark body panels opinions

I am in the middle of a restore and thinking about replacing my doors and front fenders with new ones from them. I did a quick search and they got some bad reviews but all the threads were several years old that I looked at. I have a local contact that I can get them through at a great price but it's still gonna be a chunk of cash, so any opinions from people that have used them lately would be greatly appreciated.

I am not a body man and the ones I removed have some rust through and it will probably cost me as much to repair as it would to just get them new. The PO just bondoed over them and they were bubbling up the paint.
mgore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Goodmark body panels opinions

I just recently did some doors on a customers truck. we spent almost a week fitting the doors and both were too tall. The pass side measured almost an inch taller than the OE door we removed. To fit that door properly I had to drill out the spot welds on the "hoop" [the part the window rolls up into]and push it down inside the door and reweld it up. that was what it took to gap it right and to make the vent window bolt up. Now keep in mind these doors were NOT marked with a Good mark label. I had never heard of them but the box said Restoration GT or something like that. I tried talking to people about the fitment issues and their reply was "door fit many truck". I did get it all lined out finally so maybe it will work for you . but I do wreck rebuilds and old truck/car restorations and have for 30 years. Good luck and happy sanding. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:20 PM   #3
tdangle

I just replaced the right front fender with a new one I bought from Brothers Trucks. Don't know the manufacturer but the fit was great. And I'm not a body man can't say anything about doors though min are OK

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:11 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Find the same panels from someone with a lower advertising budget and save money. Goodmark isn't a manufacturer. What year is your truck, or which fenders are you talking about using? Quality of stampings varies from part to part, manufacturer to manufacturer. Find out which part works best, then find out who sells that part.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #5
mgore68

It's a 70 C-10 that I am redoing. I promise I am getting great prices except I have no idea what kind of fit they will have. The fenders I am not to worried about but the doors will be a nightmare for me if they don't fit.
mgore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:34 PM   #6
ga-stepside

Check with AMD (Auto Metal Direct). They have doors for your truck and everyone I know that have used their stuff says its top quality. Also they are in Buford. a little east of Atlanta and just 230 miles from you, that could save you on shipping if you came over and picked them up. The first time I went there they gave me a discount for being a new customer.
http://www.autometaldirect.com/
ga-stepside is offline   Reply With Quote