The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #1
Boots

Putting an 84 4x4 chassis under a 70 cab?

Hi everyone

I am getting ready to put an 84 4x4 chassis under my 70 cab... figured I would start my homework here. I need to take pictures so you can all see what I am dealing with. I've made a list of things I know for sure i will have to alter...

- the 70 cab is an automatic so I will need to update the steering column and put in a clutch assembly for the manual tranny on the 84

- I believe the saddle tanks from the 84 will not fit under the 70 cab. I believe a gas tank from a suburban or blazer should work?

- Cab mounts too I think.

I've never taken on a project this size before but am sure eager to do it. Got a few folks who are good with working on cars and trucks to help out so that should help some. I love the running gear on my 84 but am secretly in love with the 67-72 trucks. There are some really nice ones running around town. Once the cab is off the 70 I will have a killer 1/2 ton 2wd chassis to sell too!

If anyone has taken on a project similar and has any info to share I would greatly appreciate it. Form will definitely have to follow function on this one. Too much traveling in the mountains to make it look too nice. Am probably going to make a custom flatbed for it too. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote