The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
skybaum

Timberliner Package

I have a 1966 C10 Chevy Pickup that has two chrome badges that say "Timberliner" on them. This are in cursive just in front of the two doors high on the fender and have been on the truck every since I bought it 15 years ago. The truck is a camper series truck. I understand the Timberliner badge was installed by a dealer in Missoula, MN, but cannot yet verify. I have seen another truck on this site with the same badge. There was a T&W Cheverolet dealer there that apparently badged the truck themselves. Anyway, it looks like a factory badge. I have written the local paper and library asking them to check their 1966 archived newspapers to see if there is an ad by the local dealer for the "Timberliner package."

Anyone have any information about this?
skybaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
rendus

Re: Timberliner Package

here's some info:

http://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=490396

maybe a package deal between the dealer and this company?

Last edited by rendus; 11-17-2009 at 09:16 PM.
rendus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

post up a pic!
I remember t&w chevrolet, but not that far back
I will try and ask around maybe I can find you some info.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
skybaum

I'll post some pictures early next week of the truck. Currently, it is undergoing a complete restoration. It is an 80,000 mile truck and very original. We're trying to keep it as original as possible. Has original 327 engine in it. It's gold with white cab. Still has its original interior (seat) which we are keeping and original wood bed. I bought it in the early 90s from a meat cutter in Leavenworth, KS. He said he bought it from a relative who bought it from the estate of his uncle who lived in the NorthWest US. Said it had a nice camper shell that the buyer wanted but not the truck! That buyer kept the camper shell and sold the truck to the meat cutter. The meat cutter tried to find information about the Timberliner badge while he owned it by corresponding with many Chevy Truck clubs but no one could solve the mystery. So, now me and Scooby Do are back on the case.
skybaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:12 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Too bad people don't see the value in following up on such inquiries for the benefit of their fellow members. This thread got our curiosity, then drops off a cliff

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #6
65 C20

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=timberliner
There is a discusion on this in the 67 forum
65 C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #7
jaybatta

The timberliner was something that T&W Chevrolet in Missoula Montana offered. I have laid eyes on one truck with that badging on it. I had pictures but the phone the pictures were on is no more so no luck in finding those pictures again. Good news is I can still get ahold of the guy and see if he can send me a few more pictures. I don't know what was so special about the Timberliner package other than the seat cover looked a lot like the Highlander seat cover

Semper Fi
jaybatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 01:13 PM   #8
nwchevy

Just saw this post while in the search of an old truck I had about 25 plus years ago. My father-in-law gave me a 1966 Chevy 1/2 ton Timberliner truck that he bought back in 1968 down in Arizona. Being a Chevy truck guy, I knew it had to be something special because I had never seen one before and only saw one listed in hemmings motor news(i think). Mine was saddle with a white top. It was a loaded truck with the 327, 4spd, posi, big window, AC, am radio, full foam seat, tinted glass, ect. Attached are some pics and posted them if anyone is interested. I sold it to a truck driver that was passing through Washington St. and was heading back home to Florida.
Attached Images

nwchevy is offline   Reply With Quote