The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
capev86

Latest issue of Vintage Truck magazine....

hello all...

since we are all here because we love vintage Suburbans, figured i'd mention my latest find upon opening up the latest issue of Vintage Truck magazine (vol 17 - no. 4 : sept/oct 2009). on page 9 you will see a picture of 2 red chevy suburbans. one is a very stock looking 41 with a trailer hitched up and on the trailer is the original 1935 prototype. these trucks are around the 70 year mark, yet it is amazing the difference in design 6 years makes. when i am rich and famous (not in this life time) i will probably have a fleet of suburbans with a big place to store them....along the lines of Jay Leno's garage......its nice to dream. anyway....

it was absolutely awesome, but alas you will have to look up the pic yourself as i don't have a way post the image (also copyright laws). also, starting on page 24 there is a whole article about the OD unit on the 65-70 or so 3 speed manual transmissions.....exactly the mod i have planned for my 72 burb some day. this magazine has a lot of neat tech and truck industry history and i just wanted to share a little bit of the pertinent info with you guys and gals.....
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
capev86

Re: Latest issue of Vintage Truck magazine....

drove my 72 burb over to the barrington (NH) vintage truck show this past sunday and saw several other nice burbs. first off, the vehicle next to me was an all black 84 1/2 ton 2wd ex-government truck, complete with grab hands on on the back and body armor. owner told me it weighs 7000 pounds....it seriously could use an extra leaf in the rear as a result. but very nice truck.

also there was the gentlemen that owns the '35 prototype burb, but he couldn't bring it because it is on loan to a museum until next year. he drove his '41 up from connecticut. it has a 4 banger cummins from a bread truck with a pontiac 400 trans behind it. he felt an OD trans wouldn't be rugged enough behind that little diesel, the pontiac is what came with those engines in the bread trucks and also, he has a lead foot anyway. he says the rig gets 35mpg....holy moly! also, the previous owner coated the firewall, running boards and underneath with black poly bed liner......rugged as heck and looks good for a daily driver. can' wait 'till next year!
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Vintage Truck is a good magazine. It really doesnt have a ton of stuff on our style trucks, but its still a good read. I pick up my copy at BN.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Muleman100

I subscribe to Vintage Truck Magazine and always enjoy yhe Burb stories.
Wish they would have more articles for us on the Burbs.

Muleman100 is offline   Reply With Quote