The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-12-2016, 05:45 AM   #1
Nick_R_23

Latest acquisition - lifted 1999 Tahoe

AKA the T-Wagon

I traded a Jetski I had fixed up for it that I had around $800 into. Needs plenty of TLC, mainly steering parts and alignment, and fixing all the stupid shiz and ghetto mods the past owners have done. I think it has a 4" or 6" lift, but I haven't taken a close look yet, but it has 17" rims and 295 series tires. Has 180K and literally does not have one drop of oil on the engine. The truck came with new inner and outer tie rods, new inner door handles for both rear doors, and new hinge pins for the fronts as they are currently about unclosable! Body is a little rough (both fenders dented/bent, and RH front and rear door look like they were pried open at one point) and interior needs some work, but its fully loaded, leather seats, rear A/C, tinted windows, etc. Stereo was completely removed. Roll pan on the rear and aftermarket lights front and back along with a cheesy billet grille which all look absolutely terrible, but I might live with it for now. I'm going to clean it up the best I can and probably end up keeping it for a beat around or winter rig.

Yes, I bought it already dirty

Did a quick wash at work

Removed all the dumb stickers and badges, tossed the billet grille, and replaced the broken corner lights with a brand new set. I would've much rather put the stock orange ones back on, but I had a set of the clears around for some reason. Turn signal lights are faded badly and will likely also get tossed for a set of clean stock ones.

Probably won't be too much done to this one other than clean it up as much as possible and make her roadworthy again!
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

Re: Latest acquisition - lifted 1999 Tahoe

I'd get rid of those wheels soon. I can hear the wheel bearings crying from way over here. Otherwise it's looks by ready to rock
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
Nick_R_23

Re: Latest acquisition - lifted 1999 Tahoe

Wheels will probably stay as I probably won't be putting many miles on it anyway. Although I need to do the steering sometime this week.
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote