The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2015, 11:20 PM   #1
91rcsb

1 ton lowering options.

Hello,

I acquired a 1971 1 ton dually this weekend and upon a couple of hours searching I haven't found any concrete answers. The truck has a flat deck on it currently. I would like to lower the truck but not sure what is available. It will not be used for any heavy hauling or such any more so I thought about removing a few of the leaf springs to get a bit but is there any hanger/shackle kits available? As for the front, what companies offer a spindle or coil? Any parts off new body styles work? I would appreciate the advice and thoughts!

Thanks!
91rcsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
cooperhw

Re: 1 ton lowering options.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you here. I'm in for another 1 ton dually. I also have a 1 ton. Was gonna put a flat bed on it (even bought one) then decided to do something never been done before with a 67-72 truck and make a 1 ton dually short bed step side. A Unicorn (or freak of nature depending on which side of the fence you are on) so to speak.
Anyhow, I put 78 axles under mine front and back. Took out quite a few leafs. Bell tech makes a nice drop front spindle.
Post up some pics.

Not wanting to hijack your thread or anything like that. Mine is called Meet Homer under projects and builds.

Post pics. Easiest way I found is to type your text here. Then scroll down the page to "manage attachments". open that then hit browse and look in your computer for any pic you want to post.

Last edited by cooperhw; 09-07-2015 at 10:55 AM. Reason: add
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #3
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rcsb View Post
Hello,

I acquired a 1971 1 ton dually this weekend and upon a couple of hours searching I haven't found any concrete answers. The truck has a flat deck on it currently. I would like to lower the truck but not sure what is available. It will not be used for any heavy hauling or such any more so I thought about removing a few of the leaf springs to get a bit but is there any hanger/shackle kits available? As for the front, what companies offer a spindle or coil? Any parts off new body styles work? I would appreciate the advice and thoughts!

Thanks!
Another option to consider
Attached Images

cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #4
SonnyBoy

lkpkijo
SonnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote