The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
dhunt00c

Body Panels for 68 chevy truck - best fit?

Alright guys...

you all know there are dozens of folks out there popping replacement or patch panels for body repair on these old chevrolets.

I'm a novice and avidly trying to learn, but if I go buy a bunch of parts, I'd like to buy the best fitting parts, versus some china popped part that just doesn't install or align well.

i know none of them are probably going to be perfect, but can anyone recommend some of the better vendors?

There's Goodmarks, Brothers, Early Classics, Harmons, CPP, LMC, Chevy Duty, etc... the list goes on.

I'm referring to things such as cab corners, rockers cab supports, doors, fenders or fender repair....

Thanks so much in advance. Looking for your experience to help here!
David
dhunt00c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
finadic

Re: Body Panels for 68 chevy truck - best fit?

I bought my inners from certi-fit they fit no probs. bought left fender from goodmark & right fender from certi-fit. The goodmark fender bolted right on & lined up. the certi fit fender was garbage not even close. first I thought it was the truck out of whack then I got the goodmark for that side fit like a glove. I've never done it before & got all my lines almost perfect. I used a paint stick for my guide. took some time & patience but got it done. Bottom line I like the goodmarks i'd buy them again. Good luck to ya!!!
finadic is offline   Reply With Quote