The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
krawler00

'88 sub adjustable rear drop shackles?

Hey guys, I have an '88 suburban and recently dropped the front with 2.5" drop spindles and now am looking to lower the rear. I am not wanting to give up the rake I have. The rear is currently stock but am looking for a 1.5" drop or possibly a little less, maybe a 1". Reason why I want to keep the rake is for one, I like it, and also the front fenders are cut higher than the rear so when level, the front looks higher due to this. So my question is do they make a reversal shackle that is adjustable to dial in what height you want? I saw one the other day that had holes drilled on the shackle sides and looked to be adjustable. Just pick a hole and insert? So just looking for ideas. I just like the raked look.

Thanks!
Attached Images

krawler00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
cochino12
It followed me home?

Re: '88 sub adjustable rear drop shackles?

Yep just pick the hole, longer the shackle the more drop. With only an inch drop you should be able to keep the factory shocks but you will need to measure to be sure.

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
krawler00

Re: '88 sub adjustable rear drop shackles?

That was my other question. I know it will compress the shock but I think with only an inch it would be fine. This is my first dropped vehicle. I am a rock krawler so lowering a truck is making me reverse all my 4x4 knowledge Thanks!
krawler00 is offline   Reply With Quote