The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2002, 02:28 AM   #1
67'ShortMonster

68' 4x4 front drum brake hose substitute ...?

I need something to drive for the winter. I have a old 68' parts truck that is drivable, only the front brake line is riped apart on one side. I need to get it fixed, but the parts store said it is a non available part. This leaves me a little out of luck for fixing it. Does anyone know of a way around this...? The lines look very specific, i think the only used these line for 4X4's in 67' and 68' with front drum brakes. I don't want to try and get SS braided lines or anything expensive like that...
I am still looking for somewhere i might be able to buy one easily. If anyone knows anything about these things, i would appreciate knowing it too. Is there another line from any other type of vehicle that will work...? I doubt it... but i have to ask. And no... it's not worth it right now to change it over to front discs.

Thanks for the help...
67'ShortMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 08:51 AM   #2
racedvl
Account Suspended

Thumbs up

A couple idea's.
1. Napa's around here make hoses.
2. I have found the old Chrokee's used the same wheel cylinders as our trucks and, hoses are made for them. So if they use the same wheel cylinders, and I'm pretty sure they used standard 3/16 brake line.....see where I'm goinging with this?
racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 08:53 AM   #3
racedvl
Account Suspended

Ya know, if push came to shove, and if you could afford the shipping, IF your ends are good, you could send the hose to me, and I could take it to the napa here, and have them replace the rubber, if you really get into a jam.
racedvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:33 AM   #4
67'ShortMonster

Hey... thanks guys... I will look into both things... Sending it all the way there is a little far. We have a Napa here. I asked if they could get them, they said no... I never asked if they could make them...
If all else fails i will try and find some ends and send em to ya... that would be great.
67'ShortMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 07:00 PM   #5
Pont
I need another Barley Pop

or, I have a pair of 67 4x4 front brake hoses that are still attatched to the front-end I took out of my truck. They are used but work fine. Let me know if your interested in a used brake hose and we'll go from there.

04 Honda CRF450R

89 Toyota 4-Runner

34 Ford 2 door sedan - Long term project

----------------------------------------------
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
Pont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 07:26 PM   #6
zeeklu

You would be surprised at the price of braided hose.Inline tube was less than half the ruber hose from the local parts store.http://www.inlinetube.com/sshoses.Chris
zeeklu is offline   Reply With Quote