The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
DSST_construction

Few questions for my 70 blazer

Ok so is there a good write up how to do all the body mounts on the blazer?

Any suggestions on how much antique insurance on my blazer? Should I go for 5-10k more then I think it's worth?

How long does LMC take to ship parts, what's the best way to order parts?

Sorry for all the questions, I figured it was better to ask on post the to take up mutiple post.
DSST_construction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #2
SeventyOne

Re: Few questions for my 70 blazer

Ok so is there a good write up how to do all the body mounts on the blazer?
Body mounts are simple but time consuming. Not sure the state of your Blazer but here's what I'd do: Put the top on if it isn't now. Get all the body bolts out. Most are tack welded to the tub. You're going to want new hardware. I typically get these from LMC because they have a nice diagram of the body mounts and I know I'm getting the right bolts. Then us a jack and a block of wood to raise one side of the body just enough to remove the stock mounts. When jacking be sure to check is any fuel lines or wiring are being pulled/kinked. You may need to disconnect items temporarily. Put the new mount in place, use the same body shim that may have come out, drop the bolt through the top and repeat process to other side of the body. Once they're all in you'll probably have to work on your body panel alignment - shim as needed and once you're happy torque down the nuts on the bolts for good - recheck that torquing didn't alter the panel alignment.

Any suggestions on how much antique insurance on my blazer? Should I go for 5-10k more then I think it's worth?
No experience here...sorry

How long does LMC take to ship parts, what's the best way to order parts?
I think LMC has a shipping time chart based on your location? But typically I would say you should support a board vendor depending on what you need.

Sorry for all the questions, I figured it was better to ask on post the to take up mutiple post.
No problem - good luck with the truck.
SeventyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Re: Few questions for my 70 blazer

I would go with Wes @ http://www.classicheartbeat.com/ for parts. He uses the best stuff and has the experience to handle your questions.

As far as antique insurance. I would go with Haggerty, judging from my research and their willingness to actually pay their customers. Figure on aproximately 100$ per year for each $10,000 of stated value, which is cheap. The amount you decide on for coverage should be based on replacement value, so thats up to you.
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote