The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
k1rodeoboater

CPP...great products and prices...customer service though...

Well here's my first and only dealing with CPP so take it for what it's worth. I might have just had crap luck but I figure it's worth mentioning. Below is my timeline

23 FEB order placed with CPP
24 FEB called CPP to confirm order and shipping info was good to go
04 MAR call CPP to find out if order has shipped (I waited the 7-10 days no word back). Was told, "sorry it will ship soon"
16 MAR called CPP to find out if order has shipped, again told "sorry it will ship soon"
18 MAR called CPP to find out if order has shipped since I was going out of town. Was told, "It may arrive on the 22nd, but hasn't shipped yet" (no biggy just wanted to know if it'd be here)
22 MAR called CPP to find out if order has shipped...was told it was already delivered on the 18th.

I never once received a message saying your order has shipped, here's the tracking number. The guy I talked to was stumped and said, "sorry, that's weird that that happened. You should have gotten one."

What bothers me, and makes me hesitant to order form them again, is the fact that the order had shipped on 14 MAR. I never got any notification of it and as you can see by my timeline, and they kept telling me my order hadn't shipped even after it had. It really doesn't give me much of a reason to put a whole lot of faith in their company, and thus it kinda makes me hesitant to place any more orders with them.

The timeline for me wasn't all that big of an issue because I wasn't in dire dire need of the parts, but if you are you may want to order elsewhere. Everything I ordered made it to me in perfect condition. I didn't raise a big stink over it with them, I got my parts I ordered and I saved about $80 going through them instead of ECE.

no garage, no shop, limited storage space and tools....no problem.
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
no moa

Re: CPP...great products and prices...customer service though...

where the parts in STOCK when you ordered on the 23 of feb? Just curious.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
k1rodeoboater

Yeah I called the day before and after I ordered to verify that

I understand that sh*t happens, and I've worked in CS before hence why I'm not really all that miffed or upset about it. I've had to deal with plenty of irate a-holes before both in person and over the phone who made a huge deal out of nothing. I don't consider this a "bad deal" worthy thread in all honesty. I got the parts I ordered, albeit in a longer timeline than I had hoped, and all is good. See the below picture

you can never get all three...pick two. I picked cost and quality, therefore I compromised on time.

I'm just hesitant to place another order again given this last experience with them.

Last edited by k1rodeoboater; 03-23-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

WHich CSR did you go through? did you talk to Jeff by chance. IF you decide to order again, I would call and ask for him, email him and/or PM him here. You are right, you have to choose two, cant have everything. You have a very good attitude about the whole thing.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
k1rodeoboater

In all honesty I can't tell you who I talked to there, I didn't bother to write down names or anything. I only do that and employee numbers when calling big companies. I know I talked to at least one woman and two or three different guys. I know for sure that the first call after I placed the order was handled by a woman working there. I called to verify my shipping address was ok because when I called my CC company to add it to the list the rep there didn't quite understand how a military address is formatted. I may have talked to Jeff on the 22nd, but I have craptastic memory so I can't be certain.

And thanks, I try to be pretty reasonable with stuff like this. Getting angry/irate won't solve anything nor would taking it out on the guy who tries to make things right (i.e. CPPJeff). If I do order anything from them again I'll be sure to go through him.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
no moa

After reading a couple different stories, I've been very hesitant to order stuff from them. I will probably email jeff, just because I want to use venders, but I'm a very impatient guy. Want my stuff now. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451950

1971 c10 step 250 3 OTT

1969 c30 TOW-MATER. 307 4 speed, holmes 440 body.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=451082

2006 CTS-V LS2 6spd.
no moa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #7
k1rodeoboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by no moa View Post
After reading a couple different stories, I've been very hesitant to order stuff from them. I will probably email jeff, just because I want to use venders, but I'm a very impatient guy. Want my stuff now. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
I'd shoot him a message. I was fully expecting to have my parts in at most 15 days. Luckily I'm one of those people who plans things out and has backup plans to be flexible in case things don't quite go as planned. The time it took to ship allowed me to start tearing down the truck to paint parts and get ready for the brake swap. In fact I'm about to leave now to go do some more painting on the truck. After today I'll be more or less done with the paint for a little while.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #8
k1rodeoboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by no moa View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I'd shoot him a message. I was fully expecting to have my parts in at most 15 days. Luckily I'm one of those people who plans things out and has backup plans to be flexible in case things don't quite go as planned. The time it took to ship allowed me to start tearing down the truck to paint parts and get ready for the brake swap. In fact I'm about to leave now to go do some more painting on the truck. After today I'll be more or less done with the paint for a little while.

I will say this though...I called yesterday to cancel my order. It was a pleasant surprise to find out it had been delivered already (has to go to a mail room, and I only check if I'm expecting something)

Old 03-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Wow guys i am very sorry to see this still happening as i truly thought we were making ground. Lately we are running doubleshifts in shipping they are actually picking up the pace bigtime. Sorry about this, also its important to get names on this stuff so we know who said what. It just helps everyone moving forward.
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #10
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I always get names, not to throw someone under the bus, but mainly to send in atta-boys for good service. I have worked CS b4 and know how they help your attitude about your job and help you strive for the best service you can give.

That doesnt mean I wont drop a name when I get bad service, just that I like to brag on the good more so. I think this peticular thread was a great change from others I have read on here and other forums that tend to bash or slam someone ( sometimes its the only way to get somewhere too), I appreciate the OP for explaining his issue and not doing that.

Jeff, when I am ready to order my rear suspension stuff, I will PM, email AND call you.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #11
71STPSDE

For the past year it seems that Jeff has been on the forums to help with the bad rep CPP had. I personnaly like to give people a second chance. I would in the future just deal with Jeff. I had the pleasure of ordering from him today and it was great.

Last edited by 71STPSDE; 03-23-2011 at 08:05 PM.
71STPSDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
k1rodeoboater

No problem Cylde. I try to get the facts down quickly and clearly (a habit of the military writing style) because people on the internet don't have the longest attention span out there (and more often than not they only read the first post before responding).....besides without the back story all you get is just another idiot on the internet spouting off irate nonsense from his phallus holster. Usually after several other nonsensical posts, all lacking critical information, does the true story wind up coming out.

Like I mentioned to Jeff in my email to him. What he's doing is far above and beyond what most employees (and even some owners) would do to try to make good on it. Not only is he trying to good for CPP, but he's also building his own rep on this and other forums on the net. In the end you're only as good as your name and your reputation that you've built along the way.

Jeff, hope this thread isn't coming off as mud slinging or me trying to slight CPP in any way, shape, or form. I understand that sh*t happens (trust me it's my catch-all saying), but the only way to fix the problem is to get feedback on it both positive and negative. If you guys really have been pulling doubles to try to rectify the shipping issues then it's not surprising that one slipped through the cracks. Every time I called into CPP to get a status update the staff were very professional and polite to me. And sorry I missed your call this evening, I was working on the truck and didn't hear my phone go off.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #13
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Guys seriously when we have to rectify something we have to rectify it. The boards are very time consuming but a great venue to do just that. I am so overloaded with work here its insane but if i can help anyone of you guys in anyway i will do just that.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #14
71STPSDE

Well said Jeff!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71STPSDE View Post
Well said Jeff!
No sweat bro! I really mean what i say.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #16
m6z

I placed and order online and two weeks later still hadn't got a tracking number or email back. Ended up getting ahold of Jeff and he got the parts shipped out and I received them the following week. I wouldn't order online again. If I need to place an order with them I'm going to deal directly with Jeff.

Looking for a 67-72 short bed driver.....
m6z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #17
MalibuKasey
Artist

Thats what I did!