The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Post trucks for sale here

The classifieds software is no longer supported with the new versions of vBulletin so all Trucks for sale will need to be posted here.
1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Old 05-17-2018, 12:51 AM   #2
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Re: Post trucks for sale here

WOW, not very good news...all the for sale truck history gone? All the current truck for sale listings are gone?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #3
68panelman

Yeah, I just went on trucks for sale and got a blank page that said fatal error, so I promptly got off. Yesterday I couldn't even get on the site from 6:30 till 8:30 a.m.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
flashed

Is that a Short Bed ? What all comes with it ? Sort of interested .
Old 05-18-2018, 06:56 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

EDIT:

I deleted my post and started over again in it's own thread. Sorry for the confusion.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-26-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:31 AM   #6
tom7254

Interested. Could I get his contact info. Thanks. Tom
Old 05-22-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
tom7254

Interest for truck was my son. He now wants to build one. Had a wtb post for a K series 1964-1966 cab with vin. Thanks. Tom
Old 05-25-2018, 08:48 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Man, this new trucks for sale section is off to a bad start. Is it going to stay as one place for all years? Maybe this first thread should be a sticky with all the mistakenly placed truck listings and jargon deleted. Not off to a good clear start here. Is the state in the title going to be required the way it is in parts? I know this is a lot of of work. I assumed there was more to be done and this was just temporary. But time has passed with nary a word on it other than "post trucks for sale here", which is obvious since this is the "Trucks For Sale" message board.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #9
Gargoyle

Shouldn't each seller just start their own thread for the truck they have for sale?
Old 05-25-2018, 01:46 PM   #10
jocko

Oh Lord no . But, more practically, there’s no way to subscribe if you do it that way - so I’d recommend this thread or something like it continue. Appreciate the owners starting this thread as a replacement. It would be nice if eras could be separated out perhaps to allow subscribing to one’s era of interest, but this at least keeps the capability to list vehicles for sale alive. Maybe a separate sticky thread at the top of each era’s board?
Old 05-25-2018, 02:25 PM   #11
Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Oh Lord no . But, more practically, there’s no way to subscribe if you do it that way - so I’d recommend this thread or something like it continue. Appreciate the owners starting this thread as a replacement. It would be nice if eras could be separated out perhaps to allow subscribing to one’s era of interest, but this at least keeps the capability to list vehicles for sale alive. Maybe a separate sticky thread at the top of each era’s board?
I don't understand, why couldn't you subscribe to an individual thread for a truck you wanted to follow?
Old 05-25-2018, 05:31 PM   #12
jocko

Because there's not really a good reason to subscribe to a single vehicle 'for sale ad' that is treated as a single subscribable thread (unlike a parts thread, there is good reason to subscribe to those) - a single for sale ad is generally a single post, not a thread, per se - there's nothing to subscribe to other than the occasional "nice truck" or "good luck on your sale" post. Questions to the seller are generally handled immediately after the post or in a pm - it's not an "I'll take it" event like the parts board. Either a person is interested in buying and they contact the seller, or they aren't and they're just looking. In other words, people don't generally add a lot of individual posts to a for sale ad - so even if you did subscribe, you'd seldom receive a notification, because it's not really a discussion topic, it's just a single ad.

The point of subscribing to a thread is to for the subscribers to be notified when new information is added - so, by having the thread like the administrators have set up here (or like the era-based one this thread replaced), subscribers are notified when a different vehicle is for sale, i.e. a new for sale ad.

Also, this approach provides a single place to go to rather than having to sift thru endless pages of various individual threads of something with "for sale" in the title - which would also clutter up the main era forums. Something for sale could quickly be buried many pages down the list if initial lookers aren't interested - then nobody else would find it if they didn't dig very deep.

Hope that helps. Nothing wrong with subscribing to a single for sale "thread" for a vehicle, but when you think about it, when it comes to whole vehicles (not parts), there are seldom subsequent posts - and all the other benefits of grouping them together in a single or era-specific thread of multiple for sale ads are lost if they are all listed individually.

Last edited by jocko; 05-25-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:05 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Well, now for sale posts are threads. This thread is for information purposes only, not intended as a for sale thread. It is an announcement thread. In fact, by starting threads within this thread it has allowed non-subscribers to post trucks for sale. I don't know anything about subscribing. I don't mess with it. But this it the for sale board all years in one and each person should start their own thread for their sale like I did for the project truck.

Tim

Old 05-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #14
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Well, now for sale posts are threads. This thread is for information purposes, not a for sale thread. It is an announcement. In fact, by starting threads within a thread it has allowed non-subscribers to post trucks for sale. I don't know anything about subscribing. I don't mess with it. But this it the for sale board all years in one and each person should start their own thread for their sale like I did for the project truck.
Well, Hmm. I've read your post three times Tim - I agree and disagree. Yes, it's an announcement thread, and that's good. But personally, I don't really look forward to the era forums being clogged with individual Truck for Sale threads. And I don't THINK(?) that's what Josh is suggesting in post #1 (but I don't know that) - I just read it as this is THE thread and it replaces the era Truck for Sale sections all together here. Sellers probably wouldn't be thrilled with individual threads outside just an announcement here, because once it's been looked at by a lotta people, it will sink to the bottom and then pages down. So, then, the rest of the folks that looked at it once, will get to see it 3, 4, 5 times when it gets a ttt bump or if the rare comment is added. Seems to me that one could post their truck here only, in a single post (or two or three, depending on how many pics they have). Then leave it. Everyone knows where to find it, and they get a feeling for relatively how long it's been there just by the order of ads, and, more importantly, there aren't individual for sale threads cluttering up the forum and getting ttt'ed all the time. I think that might get old. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

As for subscribing, I kinda ignored subscribing for years and years too, but I have to admit I've come around. I do it now only for stuff I REALLY REALLY want a notification on - or want to be able to find quickly without digging. Or, even more handy is this: I just save a link on my computer to my subscribed list and it's never more than two clicks from something I think I might want to check on. With that approach, I find that I more often subscribe "with no email notification" so I don't get all those pesky emails just to find out someone said good morning. Anyway, I kinda know what you mean - I didn't bother subscribing to anything for around 6 or 7 years, then in the past few, I've found the feature kinda handy.

Last edited by jocko; 05-26-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Confusing from the get-go. Maybe because of me. I just deleted my for sale post, copied text over in it's own thread. Not sure if this is temporary or maybe the amount of activity only warrants a single location. Now the listings can be brought to the top, so might work out better.

Tim

Old 05-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #16
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Confusing from the get-go. Maybe because of me. I just deleted my for sale post, copied text over in it's own thread. Not sure if this is temporary or maybe the amount of activity only warrants a single location. Now the listings can be brought to the top, so might work out better.
Ugh. Ok, so now that I see where you put your ad Tim... Yes, I like that way better too. Prior to just now, I only had seen this single thread. Didn't see what was one layer above it, i.e. new threads in the same over-arching one where this one is located. Duh. That makes a lot of sense too, and eliminates all the issues I was thinking would pop up in the era forums.

Gargoyle - my apologies - I thought you meant sellers should start their own thread "in the 67-72 forum" - not start it just one layer up from this where it will show up in line under Josh's Trucks for Sale thread title. I totally missed the mark.
Old 05-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #17
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Wondering why the old system was so bad...I thought it worked really well. Just put it back the way it was and all will be forgiven.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:25 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

That was a separate outfit than the rest of the website, like it was stuck on, and I guess it isn't stuck on any more. Must have parted ways with that service. Now it works just like the parts board. A change to get used to.

Tim

Old 05-27-2018, 04:23 PM   #19
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Btw, that wasn’t directed at you Tim
Old 05-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

I know, no worries. It's something at the business end. We can only guess. No action here, I know that.

Tim

Old 06-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #21
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Weird how we all view things. I hated the old system, and very seldom even bothered to look at it. Now, even though its still very new and I very definitely am not in the market for a truck, I check it out every time I check out the board.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
Old 08-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #22
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Ive reported this thread in hopes it can be locked or removed or something. For sales in here are getting lost and its full of non subscribers posting for sales.

Sales do belong in this new forum, but not in this thread.
Closed Thread