The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-06-2016, 07:08 PM   #26
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Re: My truck was stolen yesterday in Houston

I would sue the damn parking lot owner. Surely they have better security than that!
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #27
86454k30

Did you get it back yet or have you seen it in person?
86454k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #28
jesdude7789

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA View Post
I would sue the damn parking lot owner. Surely they have better security than that!
I know that isn't going to amount to anything. They don't have a proper attendant. They do have someone to check cars for violating the rules but that's only because they stand to make more money off people. I haven't seen one but there may be just a rent a cop car that rolls through the many lots by himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86454k30 View Post
Did you get it back yet or have you seen it in person?
I have it back. The tow company that was assigned to drop it off on Friday morning took their sweet time and another 7 hours later it was finally at my house. Amazingly, they didn't take the retrosound radio. They stole my a/c controls, amp, speakers, cut every wire connected to what they wanted, absolutely every personal item from the cabin and in the glove box including the original purchase documents, owner's manuals, and I'm the 2nd owner and the original owner had detailed records of his gas mileage, services, etc. in a couple notebooks that I kept in there. Transmission crossmember is gone, driveshaft, battery, cut all the major cables under the hood as well, cut the DWB pedal wires, radiator, fans, computer, TAC module, harness, vacuum tubing, engine adapter brackets, hood bolts (just sitting in place), all my heavy duty ratchet straps in the bed, shoes, clothes. Every freaking thing.
jesdude7789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #29
hatzie

This sounds a little personal. Someone you know that's jealous?
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.
hatzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #30
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdude7789 View Post
I know that isn't going to amount to anything. They don't have a proper attendant. They do have someone to check cars for violating the rules but that's only because they stand to make more money off people. I haven't seen one but there may be just a rent a cop car that rolls through the many lots by himself.

I have it back. The tow company that was assigned to drop it off on Friday morning took their sweet time and another 7 hours later it was finally at my house. Amazingly, they didn't take the retrosound radio. They stole my a/c controls, amp, speakers, cut every wire connected to what they wanted, absolutely every personal item from the cabin and in the glove box including the original purchase documents, owner's manuals, and I'm the 2nd owner and the original owner had detailed records of his gas mileage, services, etc. in a couple notebooks that I kept in there. Transmission crossmember is gone, driveshaft, battery, cut all the major cables under the hood as well, cut the DWB pedal wires, radiator, fans, computer, TAC module, harness, vacuum tubing, engine adapter brackets, hood bolts (just sitting in place), all my heavy duty ratchet straps in the bed, shoes, clothes. Every freaking thing.
So the motor & trans were gone as well as all the drivetrain related stuff in bold?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:30 PM   #31
86454k30

Man that sucks, I hate thieves, I hate destructive thieves even more.
86454k30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:34 PM   #32
jesdude7789

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
This sounds a little personal. Someone you know that's jealous?
I doubt it. I don't really know any car guys like me in my circle of friends. Plus I drove all the way downtown in Houston traffic and I can't imagine anyone following me. I recognize and avoid people that are shady right when I see them or if I meet them inadvertently then I instinctively do not talk about much personal stuff around them. I never really advertised what I did either. Just a cheap junkyard engine swap. I honestly think someone thought it sounded special because I have a flowmaster muffler with dump pipes. I've gotten comments like people thought I have a special camshaft or tune or something. Nope! Maaaybe next time I'll have a quiet muffler lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
So the motor & trans were gone as well as all the drivetrain related stuff in bold?
Yes sir.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:47 PM   #33
jesdude7789

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86454k30 View Post
Man that sucks, I hate thieves, I hate destructive thieves even more.
I've had the truck over ten years. My dad bought it and drove it down from Wyoming in the winter and had to replace the blower motor and a radiator hose and fan clutch on the side of the road in the freezing snow! I hate this and I'm really pissed they stole the original documents. I can repair the column and the glass. I can get another engine. I like to take care of my stuff and respect others stuff. It's my fault for going downtown in it. I didn't realize thieves still targeted these trucks or that they would do it in broad daylight in a busy part of the city. Trust me, this truck will never go there again until I have my new alarm system in place.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #34
superdav

This thread got me thinking after I saw one of my 4 old iPhones that would make locators in case of a stolen truck
superdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #35
rwhit57

Use this as ammo with the Insurance adjuster. These trucks show go good value. I didn't know what year your truck is but high retail is usually what a good credit union will loan. Sorry to hear about this.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...ide-LWB/Values
Old 04-11-2017, 11:14 AM   #36
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdude7789 View Post

kill em, plain and simple. A bullet in the head would be a fitting end to the sorry waste of space on this planet...along with everyone else working in the chop shop.

just one mans opinion
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #37
cajundragger

man! I am so glad I have moved from Houston. The vehicle theft there is out of control. The police even admit they can do NOTHING about it. I had a 2013 duramax truck get broken into twice in the same 'secured' parking garage. Obviously it was an inside job. My buddies truck got stolen. Other buddies got broke into countless times. One friend has got his Kia broken into so many times he refuses to tint the windows or lock the doors.

If they stole your engine and vintage air parts, they aren't some bum looking for their next fix. They are car guys on the wrong side of the law.

They don't play, even if you have a newer truck with VATS activated they show up with a deleted PCM and swap it quick fast. It's unbelievable- the thieves are very smart and in-tune with cars.

These old squares are so easy to jimmy the lock and the ignition switch. Just to make it annoying I would put a few relays on some of the powers and grounds on the engine. I would install an alarm with a loud siren inside and outside the truck hooked to the dome light switch and/or to the acc. wire off the ignition switch. reason being- when they broke in my 2013 they never opened the door. They(adults) passed a young boy through the window they broke to ransack the interior. This way the alarm never went off. They are sometimes too smart to open the door. The got over 40 cars one night in this garage...all 4 door pickups and SUVs.

Keep in mind, if you do get broken into and they try and fail to take the truck- the chances they will come back with a wrecker is high. This happened to a friend.

Honestly- I would avoid driving the truck inside of BW8. Buy a POS $500 car and assimilate to the other trash in downtown. When you look 'normal' their buddies don't call them to come harvest. Did they say where they found the truck?

Glad you got your truck back- what you got back is much better than nothing. I've had very good luck with Hagerty over the years. You may get an agreed policy so if this happens again you get the payout you agreed to(deserve).
cajundragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #38
Jeepwm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57NAPCO View Post
kill em, plain and simple. A bullet in the head would be a fitting end to the sorry waste of space on this planet...along with everyone else working in the chop shop.

just one mans opinion
It's the opinion of more than one man.

I think we should go back to hanging thieves.

Would cut the theft rate drastically if there was an actual consequence for stealing.
Jeepwm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #39
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepwm69 View Post
It's the opinion of more than one man.

I think we should go back to hanging thieves.

Would cut the theft rate drastically if there was an actual consequence for stealing.
x2, hang them like they used to do horse thieves,would stop alot of this crap...or turn them over to us when they catch them, The world would be better off without them..and sorry about your truck Jesdude, what is happening with your truck now?
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #40
andyh1956

I bought parts from these folks & built one mounted over my gun safe. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt something here to 12 volts.
http://www.skunk.co.za/pepper_spray_alarm_systems.php
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #41
57NAPCO
F’B’D guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh1956 View Post
I bought parts from these folks & built one mounted over my gun safe. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt something here to 12 volts.
http://www.skunk.co.za/pepper_spray_alarm_systems.php
I like it
57NAPCO is offline   Reply With Quote