The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
PasoStepperProject

Rancho RS700MT shock question? I'm Stuck

good Morning all,

I want to use the Rancho RS700MT shocks on my 76 GMC K15. its lifted 4". I have some brand of EZ springs all the way around, they came installed on my new frame.

when I search for parts # I can not find the Fronts. Rear is not an issue. I even called Rancho and he gave me a part # that they say will work. I cross referenced the part # (RS7008) I looked up the shock and its for a Doge and other vehicles.

my question is I heard on one of the forums that stock rear shocks will work great for the fronts with 4" lift? Does this work? Will the ones that Rancho reccomended work up front? I'm worried about bushing size on them! I found stock rears and 4" lift rears at Rock Auto. Can anyone steer me in the right direction.

my buddy is running the 7000MT on his lifted jeep and it rides so awesome.

thanks for the help. any other suggestions are always welcome.
PasoStepperProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
ryanroo

Re: Rancho RS700MT shock question? I'm Stuck

i would bet they will fit. at least in the bushing. if it is the same eyelet syle mount on the part number supplied to you then getting a bushing and sleeve to work would be pretty easy if it didnt right out of the box. if nothing else, call Rancho again and ask about the bushing dimensions on a gm PN for your year, and the given part number.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
PasoStepperProject

Re: Rancho RS700MT shock question? I'm Stuck

Ryan,

thanks for the idea and your help. I got the rancho spec sheet and the shocks are identical in the mounting options. the rear PN is the same length as a front 4" lift shock. I may just buy stock length in the 7000MT for the front and the 4" lift one for the rears. good idea on calling rancho. I don't understand why rancho does not have a listing for my 4" lift fronts

I know there are more shock brands, but buddies jeep rides amazing with his new rancho kit and these shocks.

thanks again. any suggestions are always welcome!

Paso
PasoStepperProject is offline   Reply With Quote