The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Larry May's - "Last Stand"

Earlier this week I was contacted by larry may to see if I could help him post a few pics of his latest, and last, project. Here's a few pics of the project, with more updates to come.

Here's a few words from Larry explaining the updates he made on the stepper:

This ole truck has been my pal for a long time too. Seems more like a truck now that I have trashed the original stuff and looks more like what I'm comfortable with.

I was really tired of the electrical issue'e with these ole heaps. So I gutted this wiring and did it old school . Had an old dash laying out in the junk so retrieved what I wanted there and installed what you see. The plastic idiot card is history and the lights in the dash are history. Hd an old tach for many years and used it in my hot rods and Drag cars, it works and is still my buddy. Had to use it too.

I hid the fuel fill behind the side marker. Here are a couple of pics to show I did it. I used a Marine cap. I braced the behind the fender cup and bolted the filler to the pocket; wasn't to difficult . Just had to study this a little bit, 10 minutes or so.

The cab has not been cleaned nor detailed and is dirty at the time.

I did install a new floor made of oak, stained and sealed it.

I also installed a vintage heater.

Now for the pics:

Name:  003 (2)[1].jpg
Views: 290
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  007[2].jpg
Views: 288
Size:  52.3 KB

Name:  013 (4).jpg
Views: 285
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  012 (2).jpg
Views: 281
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  014 (2).jpg
Views: 288
Size:  35.5 KB

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
larry may

Smile Re: Larry May's - "Last Stand"

Am hoping this is a picture of the bed wood loaded. have not been out here for a while posting. anyway is a water base sealer with a clear sealer a top that. Is a darker rosewood color. Will lighten up in time. I like it way it turned out. but am not too picky anyway. bottom side I sprayed with a rubberized udercoat by 3m
Attached Images

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Last edited by larry may; 10-07-2010 at 12:12 PM.
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote