The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
flamingbig10
6.0 powered square

dbw to dbc

I'm constantly having problems with my drive by wire setup, it will set a code p1125 that will loose pedal control or have crazy pedal that will change the tps percentage with a steady foot that will also cause the trans unlock the converter cons tally, but when every thing is working correctly theres no problem, I almost been rear ended twice from this problem, I already replaced the tac module, pedal, and pedal to tac module harness with good working parts, with no change, its probably something simple but I'm done with it so I'm going dbw I know I will need a cable throttle body, cable, pedal, intake or make a custom bracket, will need a dbc harness and computer also?. motor a 04 lq9 and computer, I'm set on the change, was going carb, but it would be more than 2 grand for intake, carb, msd box, trans controller, fuel system change to work with the carb
flamingbig10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: dbw to dbc

Why did you not check or replace the actual engine TPS sensor or check the wiring on the DBW throttle body (purple wire and yellow wires, there was a TSB on this). That failure doesn't always mean a dbw component itself failed. A bad tps sensor on a dbc car can still cause similar issues. You can buy the TB connector at a dealer...they have even been known to lose tension at the pins and just kinda back themselves out.

There is also a problem involving an overheated vehicle, or a situation in which the engine speed and wheel/driveline speed don't match, and it will throw the truck into reduced power mode sometimes.

You'll put twice the time and four times the money in replacing it instead of just finishing the diagnosis and repair.
I've got thousands of miles on my dbw setup, and haven't ever had a problem...but like any swap, its a used motor in a used truck...stuff is gonna happen.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
flamingbig10
6.0 powered square

those were borrewed parts off a truck with no problems, and already tried a new tps sensor no change, with the key on and the throttle body disconnected it doesn't throw a 1125, there different
flamingbig10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
ls1nova71

I would try checking the wires going to the throttle body, they're known for breaking. But if you're set on going to cable, you'll have to make sure that your PCM has IAC drivers in it. The newer ones sometimes don't. Also the cable TB will have a PCV fitting on it and you'd intake will too, you'll have to remove one and plug it.
Posted via Mobile Device

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote