The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
bobshotrodblazer
BigBlockBobby

Single wall side window gaskets

Who sells the correct side window gaskets for single wall tops?
I bought from Brothers and Steele and they are loose on the outside of glass but tight on the inside. LMC doesn’t offer single wall gaskets. Frustrating after having all new glass made.

Last edited by bobshotrodblazer; 03-30-2019 at 11:55 AM.
bobshotrodblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Single wall side window gaskets

I believe Soff Seal is the only company making the seals and wherever you buy they will be the same. It’s possible the new glass may be your issue if the thickness differs. Single wall glass is very thin much more so than 2x wall glass. Do you know what thickness your glass is? Do you have the original glass?

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland

Last edited by DeadheadNM; 03-30-2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Added
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
bobshotrodblazer
BigBlockBobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
I believe Soff Seal is the only company making the seals and wherever you buy they will be the same. It’s possible the new glass may be your issue if the thickness differs. Single wall glass is very thin much more so than 2x wall glass. Do you know what thickness your glass is? Do you have the original glass?
Yes I have original glass. My glass guy ordered the same thickness as original.Its real close.
I checked Soff seal site but didn't see them offered.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:49 PM   #4
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Sorry, the company is Steele - I knew it started with an “S”

I had oem tinted double wall glass installed in my single wall top instead of the non-tint single wall glass. The increased thickness resulted in a minor amount of exterior gasket corner wrinkling but the glass is tight.

It might be worthwhile to try the oem glass to see whether or not the fit is good - doing so would help rule out the new glass as the issue.

As an aside, if you figure single wall tops were installed for part of a single model year and at one plant only (that we know of to date) it’s amazing that the seals are available at all. I keep an extra set on the shelf. I purchased my sets from The Truck Shop in Orange, CA

I’ll buy your single wall oem glass if tinted and you want to sell.
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
bobshotrodblazer
BigBlockBobby

That’s the gaskets that I installed .