The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2021, 05:52 PM   #3001
Killer Bee

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I'm going to drive down to the C10 Nationals May 13th.

https://c10nationals.com/schedule/

Holler if you are going to be there and we will put faces to this drama.
wish I could join y'all but my vacation doesn't start until end of june..

have a safe trip and hope you have a great time!
Old 05-05-2021, 08:05 PM   #3002
3757chevy

Quote:

I have a Local Car Show on the 16th . https://www.florencecoloradocarshow.com/ I am entry # 16. I would love to do a big show some day. We have the Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nats in late June down in Pueblo. Probably will just be a spectator at that one.
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:51 PM   #3003
Chevyland

Quote:

Hmm....
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:15 PM   #3004
davischevy

My brother that lives next door, had a black snake hanging around his landscaping.

A couple days later I noticed one of my grandsons remote control toys had been knocked off a card table downstairs. Problem is nobody had been near the table. I put the toy back on the table.

The next night I noticed the toy was in the floor again.

Woah.

I once again placed the toy on the table.

Yep, the third night it was on the floor again.

I could feel that black snake watching me.

I ran to the hardware and bought $50 worth of sticky traps the size of a pizza box.

I covered the top of that table with sticky traps and strategically placed the others where a black snake would go. Now who knows where a black snake is going to crawl, but I was sure.

I then sprinkled flour in spots I thought a snake would crawl, and waited.

Nothing.

After a few days I vacuumed the flour from the floor and placed the sticky traps in less conspicuous places.

Then the next day the toy was in the floor again.

I felt like the Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon.

I picked the toy up, and for some reason looked at the switch on the bottom.

The controller was turned off, but the toy itself was still on.

Some garage door opener or electronic device was running the toy off the table.

Anybody need some jumbo sticky traps?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:13 AM   #3005
special-K
Special Order

Great story! Wile E. Davis

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:15 AM   #3006
Getter-Done

Quote:
My brother that lives next door, had a black snake hanging around his landscaping.

A couple days later I noticed one of my grandsons remote control toys had been knocked off a card table downstairs. Problem is nobody had been near the table. I put the toy back on the table.

The next night I noticed the toy was in the floor again.

Woah.

I once again placed the toy on the table.

Yep, the third night it was on the floor again.

I could feel that black snake watching me.

I ran to the hardware and bought $50 worth of sticky traps the size of a pizza box.

I covered the top of that table with sticky traps and strategically placed the others where a black snake would go. Now who knows where a black snake is going to crawl, but I was sure.

I then sprinkled flour in spots I thought a snake would crawl, and waited.

Nothing.

After a few days I vacuumed the flour from the floor and placed the sticky traps in less conspicuous places.

Then the next day the toy was in the floor again.

I felt like the Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon.

I picked the toy up, and for some reason looked at the switch on the bottom.

The controller was turned off, but the toy itself was still on.

Some garage door opener or electronic device was running the toy off the table.

Anybody need some jumbo sticky traps?
I was on the edge of my seat reading

Name:  rr12.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  51.5 KB

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:33 AM   #3007
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

That is my kind of luck! Are black snakes poisonous? I'm guessing if my wife heard of a snake in our basement she'd burn the place down. Spiders and snakes are no bueno for her.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:47 AM   #3008
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
That is my kind of luck! Are black snakes poisonous? I'm guessing if my wife heard of a snake in our basement she'd burn the place down. Spiders and snakes are no bueno for her.
not all snakes that are black are not poisonous....

but Black Snakes (Rat Snakes) are not poisonous, and likely what you encounter up there are the same as we have down here

https://fisheries.tamu.edu/files/201...f-Missouri.pdf

btw, black snakes, gopher snakes, bull snakes, king snakes etc. non poisonous snakes are very beneficial, they eat other things we don't like even more than snakes

this guy wanted to join me in the longhorn last summer while I was resting from cutting brush

here's a decent size one out for a morning stroll the year before under the walnut trees, darn near stepped on him

Old 05-18-2021, 10:09 PM   #3009
davischevy

I don't ever kill a black snake because if you have them around you won't have poisonous snakes.

I haven't heard of one coming in a house in years. Nothing to eat.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 05-19-2021, 05:40 AM   #3010
special-K
Special Order

Black snakes love old houses and outbuildings because where there are rodents you will find a black snake hunting. This old place had them, mostly in the cellar. You'd see skins down there. During the restoration (log house) I had all the exterior walls built but across the front. While I was redoing the chinking we had one slip into our living room. That was exciting!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-22-2021, 10:19 AM   #3011
special-K
Special Order

When's the last time you ever rode a train? Have you ever ridden on a train? When I was a kid we still used trains a lot for passenger travel. My mom never drove and every summer we would ride the train up home to Grandma and Grandpa's with her. I guess that's some history now, but not as old or as exciting as this

Tim

Old 05-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #3012
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

The wife and I took the AMTRAK from LA to Flagstaff, AZ and back when we took a trip to the Grand Canyon. My first and only train ride, if I have anything to say about it. I could sleep OK on a Navy ship in bad seas and/or launching aircraft, but not on that train. Maybe that was because one never gets enough sleep when works in the engine room.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:57 PM   #3013
Killer Bee

been on a few train rides, narrow gauge mountain tours in colorado as a kid, incline railways down the royal gorge and up pikes peak, all lots of fun..

we took the train back to la from kc couple of years ago and it was great, kids had a blast.. 2 rooms across from each other with four beds so everyone could lay down and see out both sides of the train..

took the kids up to oxnard for the polar express train ride year or two ago and it was a lot of fun too..

I love trains, dad had an ho layout and I started at an early age collecting mine.. had a two layer 4x8 table my dad made for me and still have all my engines and cars.. also have some little n gauge stuff left somewhere in those boxes

even still have an old 3 rail a/c lionel set I got when I was around 11-12yo

Old 05-22-2021, 02:10 PM   #3014
Killer Bee

grass is coming up strong

seeded

week 1

week 2

Old 05-22-2021, 11:24 PM   #3015
3757chevy

Wife and I rode the Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak back in 2012. https://www.cograilway.com/
Grass is looking good Killer Bee.
MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:06 PM   #3016
davischevy

My first train ride was in 1966. I was 14 years old and I rode the train from Granby, CO to Hot Sulphur Springs to get my learners permit to drive.

I've done a couple of train rides since.

I have wanted to do an Amtrak tour but don't seem to get the time.

I love to learn about the history of railroads in America.

Old 05-24-2021, 06:17 AM   #3017
special-K
Special Order

Until the last few years, my mom would take the train from here in Maryland to visit my sister in Santa Fe. My next older sister went with her the last trip. I'd like to do that trip sometime.

Back in '89 when we took the '71 camper truck on a vacation to NM/AZ we took a surprise train ride. We headed up to Chama, NM after leaving my sister's in Taos on our way to Mesa Verde. We got a campsite in Chama and people would ask if we were there to take the train ride. They had just opened the Cumbres-Toltec railroad for tourism. If you don't know about this train ride, it's a joint effort between NM and CO. What a great experience for my family! I hear it soon became necessary to get a reservation the year before. And we just fell into it. I call that a lucky day.

You've seen the picture before, most likely. But I took this on our drive up to Chama the day before the train ride. No train ride pics on the 'puter
Attached Images

Tim

Old 05-27-2021, 10:32 AM   #3018
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Until the last few years, my mom would take the train from here in Maryland to visit my sister in Santa Fe. My next older sister went with her the last trip. I'd like to do that trip sometime.

Back in '89 when we took the '71 camper truck on a vacation to NM/AZ we took a surprise train ride. We headed up to Chama, NM after leaving my sister's in Taos on our way to Mesa Verde. We got a campsite in Chama and people would ask if we were there to take the train ride. They had just opened the Cumbres-Toltec railroad for tourism. If you don't know about this train ride, it's a joint effort between NM and CO. What a great experience for my family! I hear it soon became necessary to get a reservation the year before. And we just fell into it. I call that a lucky day.

You've seen the picture before, most likely. But I took this on our drive up to Chama the day before the train ride. No train ride pics on the 'puter
Great picture of family with truck. I have ridden the Cumbres & Toltec as well.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:51 AM   #3019
davischevy

Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her
nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extra-curricular
activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused Frank, a new member, of being an alcoholic
after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon. She emphatically
told Frank (and several others) that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing!

Frank, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away. He didn't explain,
defend, or deny. He said nothing. Later that evening, Frank quietly parked his pickup in front of
Mildred's house and walked home..

Old 06-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #3020
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her
nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extra-curricular

She made a mistake, however, when she accused Frank, a new member, of being an alcoholic
after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon. She emphatically
told Frank (and several others) that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing!

Frank, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away. He didn't explain,
defend, or deny. He said nothing. Later that evening, Frank quietly parked his pickup in front of
Nice!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:26 PM   #3021
special-K
Special Order

Way to go Frank!

Tim

Old 06-07-2021, 10:03 AM   #3022
LT7A

Quote:

Haha, I like that.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #3023
davischevy

At Friday night services, Morris went to his friend Irving and said,
"Irving, I need a favor - I'm sleeping with the rabbi's wife.
Can you hold him in temple for an hour after services for me?"

Irving was not very fond of the idea, but being Morris' lifelong friend, he reluctantly agreed.

After services, he struck up a conversation with the rabbi asking him all sorts of stupid questions in an effort to keep him occupied.

After some time, the wise rabbi became suspicious and asked,
" Irving what are you really up to with all this?"

Irving , filled with feelings of guilt and remorse, confessed to the rabbi
"I'm sorry Rabbi, my friend Morris is sleeping with your wife right now and asked me to keep you occupied."

The rabbi smiled and, putting a brotherly hand on Irving 's shoulder, said
" Irving I think you'd better hurry home, my wife died two years ago."

Old 06-12-2021, 01:55 PM   #3024
special-K
Special Order

OHhhh NOooo!!! Too funny!

Tim

Old 06-12-2021, 02:49 PM   #3025
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
At Friday night services, Morris went to his friend Irving and said,
"Irving, I need a favor - I'm sleeping with the rabbi's wife.
Can you hold him in temple for an hour after services for me?"

Irving was not very fond of the idea, but being Morris' lifelong friend, he reluctantly agreed.

After services, he struck up a conversation with the rabbi asking him all sorts of stupid questions in an effort to keep him occupied.

After some time, the wise rabbi became suspicious and asked,
" Irving what are you really up to with all this?"

Irving , filled with feelings of guilt and remorse, confessed to the rabbi
"I'm sorry Rabbi, my friend Morris is sleeping with your wife right now and asked me to keep you occupied."

The rabbi smiled and, putting a brotherly hand on Irving 's shoulder, said
" Irving I think you'd better hurry home, my wife died two years ago."
Oops!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote