The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #26
myoldchevytruck
Retired Air Force Veteran

Re: 1969 gas tank relocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72K20 View Post
Can I ask what you got the donor gas door and filler assembly from? That is exactly what I want to do to my Stepper!
Looks like its from a newer style Chevy S-10
Swap 6 Lug to 5 Lug (w/ Disk Brakes in Front)
3/6 Drop

Help Support The Board
Click Here For Information On How To Subscribe

Krue's FAQ Page

Vendors
myoldchevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #27
71tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho71 View Post
While we're on the subject here.

Is anyone else having starvation issues with the rear blazer tank relocation? I did this on mine a while back, and since then have noticed the fuel filter will not completely fill up. It always just has a little gas in it.

With my Holley carb, it never was an issue. But right before I tore my truck apart, I replaced the holley with a q-jet (just to see if it made a difference on mileage, yes but small) and it will starve at about 4000rpm in second gear. I mean it'll fall on it's face and stumble until I let off, then it'll go again. I'm assuming at this point it's because the q-jet doesn't have the storage capacity that the holley does (bowls). But then, there have been a few times with the holley that I have done WOT runs for over two miles (don't tell DPS, lol) with the holley, and no starving there either. I'd think in that distance it would use up what's in the bowls. And it never starves when driving normally with either carb.

FYI, My fuel filter is before the new stock mech. pump. I ran all new 3/8 steel lines from the tank to the pump. Vent is good/open. All seems to be in good working order.

Any ideas?

I'm seriously considering installing an electric pump under the truck since the mech pump is actually above the fuel level of the tank. I know this will fix it, just curious if anyone else has this issue.

Jay
A diaphram type pump should be able to pull the fuel the vertical 12" to the pump with no problems unless it is pulling against a vacuum in the tank. Also under hard acceleration the weight of the fuel can act against the pump. 3/8 line is a good idea but the bigger the line, the more fuel weight.

Have you checked the filter in the carb to see if it is clogged?

Last edited by 71tahoe; 10-26-2009 at 12:55 PM.
71tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #28
Starykon

Hey guys,
Has anyone done a tank relocation keeping the original filler location? I just got a 67 lwb, and want to mod the interior, which will require moving the tank out of the cab. I like the look of the filler as is, and I'm planning on pulling the bed off altogether and doing a wood flatbed, so relocating the filler into a fender or side marker is a no go. Any advice would help a lot. Thanks!