The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
dukcaln

1955 question on what its worth

so my neighbor accross the street has this 55 long bed with a chevy 350, numbers say its an early corvette motor. Built tranny and the bed wood has been done and the interior is custom with all custom electronic gauges. It has a ford rear end from what he said. The bumpers, body and grill are flawless. Needs paint and has minor surface rust but the body is original. No bondo at all. He has owned it since 1990 and just recently fired it up after 5 years in storage. He wants to sell it and he told me he would like to get 15k for it. Its the truck in the back ground picture. He claims to have 30k into it. I see a great foundation for something awsome, but 15k seems too high. It runs and sounds good but the engine and under the hood looks normal, but it has some cool features. What will something like this go for. Its a 3500 truck and once was owned by the forestry dept. He said in 1990 when he bought the truck they took the dash out and found a parking ticket from 1957 and listed the owner as the Dept of Forestry. He has the ticket still.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
dukcaln

Re: 1955 question on what its worth

anybody?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
blackdiesel

Does it still have the striaght axle up front. OEM brakes, wiring and steering, I would say 4-7k. but in the end it is worth what one man will give and the other will take. Being a long bed hurts it bad in my book.
'57 2wd change
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=speedway
blackdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
mr48chev

If you are looking at it as a project the value is in what you don't have to do and what you don't have to buy.

But anything that you don't intend to use doesn't add value for you in the way he might think it adds to his selling price.

Things like wheels and tires and sound systems can run up a big tab in a hurry and may not be even close to what you want or may way out of date or style by now.
That list can get pretty long.

Then some guys just figure out how to spend more money than the rest of us and end up getting an equal truck. We see that among ourselves right here on the board. An item that some of us wouldn't pay 50.00 for another guy in a different part of the country would pay 200.00 for without batting an eye.

I think you can probably find several quite similar trucks around the country for 7 to 10 K That are nice drivers that will hold their own at cruise night but may not be competitive show trucks.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote