The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
MASTERBrian

Floor Pans & cab supports

I am needing to repair the passenger and driver side floor pan(s) on my '60 Suburban. I've been looking online at different sites and probably settled on LMC so far. They sell a universal pan and an OEM pan....prices are considerably different between the two. They tell me they sell me more universal ones, which may be due to price difference.

My question, which is the best way to go? Not looking for a show truck, but I do want to do a quality repair and don't want to spend more than necessary.

One concern is if I go universal will it have the 'pocket' for the dimmer switch. That might be a question for them, I understand.

There is also a slight gap between the kick panel and the floor, but not sure if I need to replace that or not. Honestly, I haven't pulled the rubber floor mat up, which is stuck to the floor pretty good. I'm trying to keep things as solid as possible until I'm ready to do the actual repair and order the part.

Cab supports....they sell a weld in place and a slide in place support. Again, the slide in place is about $10 vs $20 for the weld in place. My thought is that I could buy the slide in place one and weld it over the existing rotting supports. I'd sand blast and/or wire wheel the original first to be certain the rust is gone. Wouldn't that sort of add an additional layer or does it not work that way?

Any feedback on this is appreciated...
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
MASTERBrian

Re: Floor Pans & cab supports

Has anyone looked into or used the Por-15 kit to redo the floor pan?

http://www.por15.com/POR-15-Floor-Pa...-Kit_p_61.html
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote