The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #1
half ton dually

nothing but trouble

So it all started with me trying to help out a co-worker of my wifes. She was in need of cheap transportation fast. I happened to know a guy in need of some fast cash, so I got him to sell his '85 burb to me for cheap. She had it for a month and never paid for it. Instead she bought another truck.That was the first problem. So I went and picked it up and decided to go through it, get some problems sorted out and then try to recoup some of my money. I picked up a rotor and a set of pads ( she drove it on bad brakes ). The rotor was the first set back. Turns out the people at the local parts store don't know how to get things right. I finally got the correct rotor and then realized the callipers were sticking, so back to the parts store. Guess what, they sent me home with the wrong callipers. The bolt for the brake hose didn't thread into them. When I took'em back they had no idea what I needed. I finally got that sorted out and started to get it all on tonight. Got one side on and started on the other and then the jack sprung a leak. It's been like this from the start. Sorry for the long rant, but this should have been an afternoon job. It has turned into about three days. I watch my kids during the day and only have time for this thing around 11pm. Needless to say I will be happy when this thing is gone!
half ton dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: nothing but trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by half ton dually View Post
So it all started with me trying to help out a co-worker of my wifes. She was in need of cheap transportation fast. I happened to know a guy in need of some fast cash, so I got him to sell his '85 burb to me for cheap. She had it for a month and never paid for it. Instead she bought another truck.That was the first problem. So I went and picked it up and decided to go through it, get some problems sorted out and then try to recoup some of my money. I picked up a rotor and a set of pads ( she drove it on bad brakes ). The rotor was the first set back. Turns out the people at the local parts store don't know how to get things right. I finally got the correct rotor and then realized the callipers were sticking, so back to the parts store. Guess what, they sent me home with the wrong callipers. The bolt for the brake hose didn't thread into them. When I took'em back they had no idea what I needed. I finally got that sorted out and started to get it all on tonight. Got one side on and started on the other and then the jack sprung a leak. It's been like this from the start. Sorry for the long rant, but this should have been an afternoon job. It has turned into about three days. I watch my kids during the day and only have time for this thing around 11pm. Needless to say I will be happy when this thing is gone!
Man sorry for the bad times, sounds like you need a new parts store and or take your old parts to then everytime you need something new. That may work. Keep us updated on how it works out. Good luck and happy fathers day!
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
justpball

i will give ya 100 bucks for it...lol. sorry bro but some times it just goes that way.

87 Crew SWB
Build for the crew
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430082

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3232925
90 burb 2wd

Build Thread For The Burb!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=383055
justpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
half ton dually

So I finally got the brakes worked out and decided to take it for a spin. It pulls to the left when I push the brakes and to the right when I let off. After driving for awhile the passenger side will stick when I let off the brakes. This is something it did before and I just assumed that the calipers were sticking,this being why I replaced them. It's nowhere near as bad, but still not right. I thought it may be the brake hoses but they look to be in good shape. Any suggestions would be great.
half ton dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Sounds like brake hoses. They deteriorate from the inside out. They may be rotted internally while looking good on the outside.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #6
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

I would try the valve that is under the fan on the frame, you may have some trash in it. Did you flush the old fluid out?
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
clinebarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Sounds like brake hoses. They deteriorate from the inside out. They may be rotted internally while looking good on the outside.

X2 on that. and its a pain to change them out.

Last edited by clinebarger; 06-24-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote