The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
65ona90

'65 C10/'90 C3500 Build Up Thread

I figured i should start a build thread on this project incase anyone else is thinking about updating to a 88-98 type frame swap. I started with a solid 65 body, it was litterally sitting on an early 70's chevy frame with 6 x 6's and ratchet straps. So i figured since i didn't have the original running gear to start with, why not do a little updating. I started stripping a '90 C3500 extended cab long bed truck down to a frame with running gear (it was a running driving truck to begin with. Wire wheeled and painted the frame, then started the long and exhausting measuring process. The original cab mounts of the 65 fell directly center of the of the 90's frame rails. Blasted the holes in the frame and with some help of the body lift pucks mounted the cab. The wheel to wheel center measurement is exactly 1" different than original 65 measurment. The front clip was mocked up and now i am in the process of making mounts for the original BBC radiator. As far as suspension goes i just finished putting the belltech 8" rear flipkit on it, Kind of makes it look like its pulling a holeshot. I'll update some more pictures of steering connections, shifter linkages and the like in a little while.
65ona90 is offline   Reply With Quote